Thursday, May 14, 2015

China Glaze - Astro-Hot

It's been a while. Battling migraines. I started a new preventative med, fingers crossed it will work!
I've also been doing the decluttering project & I'm nearly done. But I learned early on that pretty manicures & decluttering do not go together! My nails kept breaking and peeling so I just left them bare while I was working. I'm 90% done now though so bring on the polish!

I miss my manis so much I'm thinking about doing a mani challenge for June! Last year I did a month of Julep. Maybe another one this year? Or a seasonal challenge like I did in October? I really enjoyed that one! Hmm. :)

Either way, today I selected an untried from my stash, a really beautiful light pink holo from China Glaze called "Astro-Hot".


My nails are so short! I've been looking through previous posts and I'm missing my long nails. New goals! :)

This shade is from the 2013 spring Hologlam Collection. I stumbled across this single polish in a Marshalls store and snapped it up. I'm not really a "pink" person but this one is really pretty and I like the slight purple-ish tint. And because holo. :p
For this mani I used 2 coats of polish. The formula was just ok. I used a regular base coat. Maybe next time I'll use a sticky base coat or ridge filler to make a smoother base. Cleanup was a breeze. I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight, no direct sun.


Outdoors, direct sun. :)


I like this polish because it's not an in-your-face/super-blingy holo. It's a soft, pretty holo for spring. :) 
I'm not sure it's the most flattering for my skin tone but it is pretty!

Where to buy? Since this is an older polish it might be tricky to get your hands on. Nail Polish Canada does have it in stock (along with a few others from this collection). You can also get it on Amazon and eBay. 

NB: I purchased this polish for myself. I do not have any affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment