Saturday, March 21, 2015

Rimmel "Rapid Ruby" with Enchanted Polish "Djinn In A Bottle"

Today I desperately needed to redo my mani and asked boyfriend what colour I should do. "Red". Umm, ok. Not a problem. Red is my fav polish colour and the Ottawa Senators (hockey) are playing tonight (team colour is red). That works. But an "untried" red? Tricky, tricky. This polish isn't untried but I haven't done a blog post about it. I also decided to step it up and make it holo. Why? Why not?

This red creme polish by Rimmel is a quick-dry -- though I didn't notice a significantly faster dry time. It was *almost* a one-coat polish but I did 2. Cleanup was tricky, especially around my index finger (this was the best I could do). I used Enchanted Polish's "Djinn In A Bottle" -- my fav holo topcoat (one coat for this mani, though I could've used 2 coats to really bling it up). I love that "Djinn In A Bottle" doesn't grey out the red. In some light it looks shimmery, others you can see the full arc. I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.



Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


This is not my fav red polish but I don't hate it either, just ok. It does dry shiny and is a nice dark red. I prefer to use it for pedis (my toes are ALWAYS painted red, since I was 15). The holo topcoat is awesome for all kinds of reasons (pretty!!). The sun is on the other side of the building right now (we face North) and it's kinda cloudy. I'll try to get a sunlight pic and post it. :)

Where to buy? Rimmel polishes are widely available at many stores, not difficult to find. Enchanted Polish is somewhat trickier. They are VERY much in demand and restocks are stressful with product selling out in seconds/minutes. Sign up on the Enchanted Polish site for the newsletter and with her distributor sites (Nail Polish Canada, Mei Mei Signatures) for restock news.

NB: I purchased these polishes myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish makers or websites discussed.



No comments:

Post a Comment