Saturday, March 14, 2015

Nina Ultra Pro - Bittersweet (possibly my Breakfast Club lemming?!)

As some of you may already know, my ultimate lemming polish is the one worn by Molly Ringwald in the movie, "The Breakfast Club".


I must have about 15 "almost right" shades, but I'm still searching! This shade by Nina Ultra Pro comes very close -- either way, it's really pretty!

Ah yes! That elusive dusty-rose creme polish worn in the Breakfast Club! I think out of all the polishes I have tried, this one comes the closest. Nina Ultra Pro is a shade easily found at Sally's Beauty Supply (not sure if it's an exclusive or not). It is 3-free, has a wide brush, and very smooth application. I was actually pretty impressed with the formula and brush since this retails on the lower end of the polish cost spectrum! I used 2 coats of polish and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright cloudy daylight (no sun), near windows.



Outside, bright cloudy daylight (no sun).


Shaded cloudy daylight (no sun).


Overall I am LOVING this polish! I don't know if it's my skin tone setting off the rosiness of the polish or what but it's way prettier than I thought it would be just looking at the bottle! In the bottle it seems more brown/subdued. It's a great neutral and it's the closest I have found to Molly Ringwald's Breakfast Club shade (on my skin tone, I know polishes look different on everyone).

Where to buy? Sally's Beauty Supply for sure (online and in-store). Likely Amazon and eBay as well.

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment