Friday, March 06, 2015

Feeling Springy! Lilypad Lacquer "Apple Crisps"

It's still really cold here but the sun is out and next week it will be above 0C -- predictions that Wednesday will be a high of 9C and sunny! I am so eager for spring -- I want to see green things! Sick of the snow, ice, wind, 800 layers of clothes, etc. Who isn't?! I love winter but by March I'm always a bit antsy for the warmer days of spring -- you know those days when the air feels soft and you can wear a t-shirt outside and feel the breeze on your bare arms -- awesome!

Anyway, since I'm feeling oh-so-springy, I selected an untried polish from my stash -- Lilypad Lacquer's "Apple Crisps". A gorgeous scattered holo brighter-than-mint green (if that makes any sense!).

Lilypad Lacquer is an Australian-based indie polish maker. Her polishes are 5-free and cruelty-free (not sure if vegan since I haven't been able to find a definite answer). This was an untried for me brand-wise and I was really impressed! The formula was awesome and applied like a dream. For this mani I used Nfu Oh's Aqua base, 2 layers of polish and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright sunny daylight (no direct sun), near windows.



Outside, bright sunny daylight -- no direct sun.


Indoors, under halogen track lighting in kitchen.



I think this is the perfect shade for the mood I'm in today -- fresh crisp green! I love it! I REALLY wish I could've captured just how shimmery it is in real life but it wasn't showing up so well. When the sun comes around to this side of the building I'll try to get a direct-sun shot. :)

Where to buy? You can purchase from Lilypad Lacquer's site -- or one of her stockists (in North America try Nail Polish Canada or Llarowe).

NB: I won this polish in a giveaway from Nail Polish Canada. I have NO affiliation with the polish makers or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment