Friday, March 06, 2015

February Empties!

So as I continue on this delightfully un-fun no-buy this year I must say, it's kind of cool to use up products and see what I go through on a regular basis. :)

Here is the February goodies!

  • TRESemmé foil packets (shampoo, conditioner, heat protector) -- these were ok. Not bad but not great. Not planning to purchase.
  • Zoya Remove + polish remover -- I got this 1 litre bottle for half price during a promo ages ago and finally used it up. It's pretty good. I don't think I'd pay full price for it though ($30CND).
  • Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner -- it drives me bonkers that I don't use up shampoo and conditioner at the same time but whatever. I've used this shampoo/conditioner on & off for years. It's a good one. :)
  • Bath & Body Works Kitchen Lemon foam hand soap. We go through this stuff like crazy. I think we're down to the last bottle in each of our bathrooms & kitchen so I'll have to pick some up soon.
  • Venus Breeze (with the shave gel bars) -- I rarely have to shave my legs/underarms. I'm one of those lucky people who have about as much body hair as a baby mouse. It grows in blonde & downy. I got a 3 pack of these with a coupon from the Elle Beauty Box (I think?) over a year ago and I just used up the last one now. That's seriously how little I need to shave. LOL.
  • DavidsTea: vanilla agave, 6 mini tins from the Sweetheart Collection (Valentines), and 2x50g packages of Apple Custard tea. The agave was pretty good (though didn't taste like vanilla), I would have repurchased but went with a bottle of honey instead. The mini tins were okay, nothing I'm super crazy about. I AM crazy about Apple Custard tea though -- yesterday I picked up 3x85g tins because this tea is being discontinued (noooo!!).
  • Bioré Nose & Face pore strips. I had these sitting in my cabinet for a while and figured I should use them up. They work to clear out your pores but then they fill up again a few days later. More fun than functional.
  • Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion -- received in one of my beauty boxes (can't remember which one). My skin did not like this. It's barely a moisturizer (I have combination and very sensitive/irritable skin) and then it was burning me. Go figure. I used it maybe twice (so not the whole container). Tossing it.
  • NeoStrata Youth Factor GF Total Regenerating Serum -- again, another sample from somewhere. And again, my skin did not like this. Tossing it.
  • Monteil Hydro Cell Pro Active Cleanser -- another sample. Burned the crap out of my skin (stayed red/peeling for nearly 2 weeks). Sigh. I used about half of the 10ml sample. Tossing it.
  • Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer -- a deluxe sample in my Loose Button/Luxe box ages ago. I actually tolerated this stuff enough that I ordered other Kiehl's skincare products (about $100 worth) -- ALL of it burned the crap out of my skin so I had to return it all. Total waste. I used up this sample though and would totally repurchase since my skin seems to tolerate it well.
  • Julep's Rock Star handcream -- yeah, I cut into this one! There was a good 10+ uses in there after cutting it open! I go through this stuff like crazy so I repurchase when I use one up.
That's it! I already have a few things in the March bag (they didn't quite squeeze into February). 

As for the "no-buy" I cheated once. I bought 2 books from Book Outlet for $3 each. One is about not spending so I'm not sure if that counts. It was a midnight impulse buy. The library has both (*facepalm*). Live & learn. Other than that, just purchased "needs" (household stuff, groceries, bills, etc) & Anniversary & Valentine's gifts for Phil. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment