Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Dollish Polish - Expecto Patronum

A Harry Potter polish to die for. :)
This has been a long-time lemming for me so I was REALLY happy when Dollish Polish restocked! I stumbled on it by accident while looking up a polish for someone else. Technically I'm on a no-buy but March 5th is my 3-year anniversary with my boyfriend and he bought it for me. Not in a "buy this for me now" way but in the way that anything related to Severus Snape, Lily, Petronus charms, and "Always" turns me into a puddle of tears because there is nothing more sad! Plus, my boyfriend and I have a majorly complicated 20-year history and almost didn't end up together.


I don't want to give away book/film spoilers but if you haven't read the books or seen the film you're seriously missing out. And looking at this makes me want to bawl my eyes out. *sigh* The struggle is real.



Dollish Polish is a US-based indie polish maker. I previously reviewed another favourite shade of hers called "Penny... Penny... Penny...", the best Big Bang Theory Fandom polish! (you can see my review here).

This polish is fairly close to a shade created by Cadillacquer called, "Where Is Carl?". You can see pics and read my review of that one here. They are similar but not the same at all. "Expecto Patronum" is white base with teal/ocean blue glitter and "Where Is Carl?" is more a blue-tinged white with blue glitter. Similar but not the same!

Okay, onto the polish! As mentioned, it's a white crelly base with teal/ocean blue glitter. The formula was pretty easy to work with considering it's a crelly (a formula I HATE working with!). A little goopy at times but I tried to keep the layers thin. For this mani I used 3 layers of polish and topped with Seche Vite.

I took a LOT of photos -- I was having a hard time capturing just how sparkly it is in real life (sometimes it's impossible!). So I pretty much just ran around my apartment and testing out different lighting situations. :)

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright cloudy daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, bright cloudy daylight (no sun).


If we had sun, it would be here! Cloudy day though. *boo*


Indoors, hall light next to the door to my apartment (frosted glass?).


Indoors, under halogen kitchen track light.


In sum, I really like this polish. The softness of the white crelly base and the vivid ocean blue glitter perfectly represents the Petronus in the film.

Where to buy? Presently, you can only purchase Dollish Polish products from her website. Her polishes are awesome, she does a lot of Fandom inspired shades (which is super fun!) and holiday collections. She also has cuticle balms which are SO YUMMY! (I bought the sampler pack and a full-size over the holidays and they rock!). She sells full-sized polishes (15ml) and minis (9ml). Her shipping is cheap and super fast. I really have no complaints. :)

NB: I purchased this polish myself (or rather my bf did!). I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish makers or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment