Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Update! Part 2 :)

So what happened to make me stop the 28 Days of Red mani challenge? I threw my back out and couldn't sit up for about a week. I was in a lot of pain (I can't take strong pain meds because of allergies). So it was lying flat with my knees up on a heating pad for days. No way could I do manicures like that! Either way, I'm absolutely 100% ok now. I debated whether to pick up where I left off in the mani challenge but I think it wouldn't really be a successful challenge because I missed so many days. That being said, I will be back to mani posts today (stay tuned!).

Why the back spasms? Some of you know I was an RN in critical care/trauma and a few years ago a violent patient assaulted me at work. I have nerve/spinal damage in my neck & left shoulder (which is why I can't go back to nursing, unfortunately). Sometimes that manages to trigger muscle spasms down the length of my back. No idea why, just one of those things. It's rare (last time it happened was when I was in Paris in 2012!). Fingers crossed it stays a rare thing! Not fun!

I hope you enjoyed the 10 days I did manage to get done for the mani challenge this month. I know I had fun, red is my favourite polish colour! I might sneak in a few more reds this month just so I don't feel bad about dropping out so early. ;)

Unfortunately, I also cut my nails short again -- I prefer them really long but I've been doing a lot of writing/editing (I wrote a novel in November, starting another). It's just easier to type with short nails. It doesn't mean they have to be boring though! I still have a million untrieds and I can't wait to share them with you!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment