Monday, February 23, 2015

Julep "Joanna" with Emily de Molly "Bellissima"

Hello lovlies! Staying warm, I hope? Windchill in Toronto at the moment is -26C. But at least the sun is out! And the days are longer as we head into spring. :)

Today's mani is Julep's "Joanna" with a glitter accent of Emily de Molly's "Bellissima". I've been wearing dark shades for months and felt like something lighter. :)

Julep's "Joanna" is a pretty lilac frost & she was a part of the July 2013 California Coast collection. Emily de Molly's "Bellissima" is a multi-glitter (hex & circles of various sizes in pink, silver and holo. There are larger circles in the mix but I didn't feel like digging for them). In real life the glitter is VERY sparkly, I wish I could have captured it on camera! For this mani I used 2 coats of "Joanna" and 2 coats of "Bellissima" on the ring finger. I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro of "Bellissima" under LED desk lamp.


Macro of "Joanna" under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outside, direct sunlight.


I love this colour! I swear I wore it before but can't seem to find any photos or evidence that I wore it in the past. "Bellissima" is an untried for sure -- I bought it back in the fall (2014). Such a beautiful glitter!

Where to buy? Unfortunately, "Joanna" is not presently on the Julep website (not even in the retired shades section) so I'm not sure what is going on with her. They have been repromoting old shades so maybe she will be returning?? "Bellissima" is available directly from Emily de Molly but also check her list of stockists.

NB: I purchased both of these polishes myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with either polish maker or the websites discussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment