Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Essie "For The Twill Of It"

I decided to pull out an untried polish from the back of my stash for today's mani. A mini bottle of Essie's "For The Twill Of It".

I am SO not used to my short nails! Argh! 

Ok. So this polish came out in the Fall, 2013 Collection by Essie called "For The Twill Of It". I bought the mini set and promptly forgot about it because I was just starting grad school rather suddenly (my funding came through it the 11th hour so I wasn't prepared at all and was rather overwhelmed). Essie describes this polish as a, "rich medium brown with reflective green shimmer". Umm... maybe I'm crazy but I'm not seeing much brown in this polish. To me it's more grey with a green and purple duochrome. They categorize it as a "green". Maybe the duochrome washed out the brown completely? Or maybe they planned a brown polish but changed it and marketing wasn't informed? LOL. I dunno. Either way, it's gorgeous!

I used 2 coats of polish for this mani and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.

Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, cloudy daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, cloudy daylight (no sun).



Indoors, halogen kitchen light with daylight in the background.


Overall, I'm loving this polish! It was pretty in the bottle but I didn't realize just how pretty it is on the nail. I'm kinda kicking myself because I saw a full-sized bottle of this at a dollar store last week for $3 and I didn't get it. Grr!

Where to buy? Essie's website and other retailers that carry Essie products. I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada. I've also seen it on Amazon and eBay. And at Dollarama. Go figure.




NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment