Monday, February 09, 2015

28 Days of Red! Day 9: Zoya's "Posh" -- but glossy!

Okay, so today's post is kinda cheating. The theme is "topcoated matte" -- but the only matte red I have is Zoya's "Posh" (yesterday's polish) so for today I just put on a thick layer of Seche Vite and there ya go. ;)

(Want to know more about my 28 Days of Red! mani challenge? Click here)

Ok, so even though it's a bit cheatish to use the same polish on 2 days, it DOES look very different (at least to me) with a glossy topcoat on. Click here to see yesterday's mani with this polish (which is a matte polish). I simply applied one layer of Seche Vite to the existing mani and voila! Pretty red shimmer is revealed!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Indoors under halogen kitchen lighting.


I love transformative polishes like this! I have found that all the Zoya Matte Velvet polishes have this crazy shimmer once you topcoat them, so it's like 2 polishes in 1. :)

Where to buy? You can order directly from Zoya's website (if you are in the USA, they do not ship elsewhere -- but you can see a list of stockists). The full-size and minis are available also from Nail Polish Canada.

NB: I purchased these polishes myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish makers or websites discussed in this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment