Sunday, February 08, 2015

28 Days of Red! Day 7: Half Moons? Picture Polish "Frank-n-Furter" & "Columbia"

Still playing catch up but I'll post days 7 & 8 today and we'll be fully caught up. :)

Today's theme was "half moons" -- except when I tested the idea on one nail it looked terrible so I did a French mani instead. Looks better. I'm not sure skilled when it comes to nail art, unfortunately! For whatever reason I thought I could do the half-moons thing but it just wasn't working. Boo.

Anyway, for this mani I used 2 of the Rocky Horror Picture Show polishes by piCture pOlish -- "Frank-n-Furter" & "Columbia". It makes me want to watch the movie again even though I've seen it 600x!

(Want to know more about my 28 Days of Red! mani challenge? Click here)

piCture pOlish is an Australian indie polish brand that is available worldwide. They are known for amazing polishes and formulas, as well as their collaborations with polish bloggers. There are 5 polishes in total in their Rocky Horror Collection which was released outside of Australia in spring 2014. "Frank-N-Furter" is a perfect red creme -- I used 3 thin coats. "Columbia" is a red jelly packed with red glitter. It's stunning. I went over the tips twice. I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED lamp.


Macro under LED lamp.


Indoors, cloudy daylight (no sun, it's snowing!), near windows.


Outside, cloudy daylight (no sun, it's snowing!).



Indoors under halogen kitchen light.


I LOVE both these shades! I'm not sure I like the glitter tips but it looks way better than the half-moon attempt!

Where to buy?? These shades are available on the piCture pOlish website (in Australia but ship worldwide). They are also in stock/available from Nail Polish Canada and Harlow & Co.

NB: I purchased these polishes myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment