Saturday, February 07, 2015

28 Days of Red! Day 5: OPI "Stay The Night"

SO SORRY for getting behind on these posts. My back went into spasm a few days ago and I've been lying flat on my back in bed in tears. I couldn't sit up so doing nails/blog posts was out of the question. So far I'm ok today. We'll see how it goes but I am hoping to get up-to-date today.

Today's theme was "sand". I don't have many textured polishes because I cannot stand the feeling of texture (I'm hypersensitive). If I do wear them I just gloss over them with a lot of topcoat so they are smooth. This one isn't really red but it's the closest I have to red in a texture. OPI's "Stay The Night".

This post is picture-heavy because I show the same mani with and without polish in various lighting.

(Want to know more about the 28 Days of Red! Mani challenge? Click here)

OPI's "Stay The Night" is a textured "Liquid Sand" polish from the Spring 2013 Mariah Carey Collection. It has a somewhat sheer black base with bright pink glitter. I probably should have used 3 coats but I can't stand thick polish so I only used 2 for this mani. OPI polishes are 3-free and cruelty-free. 

For the first group of photos I used NO topcoat. For the 2nd group of photos I used one layer of Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp. (no topcoat)


Macro under LED desk lamp. (no topcoat)


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows. (no topcoat)


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun). No topcoat.


Under LED desk lamp -- WITH topcoat.


Macro under LED desk lamp -- WITH topcoat.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows -- WITH topcoat.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun) -- WITH topcoat.




 Overall, for a textured polish this isn't bad. Next time I might use a black undie so it's not so sheer. I think a think layer of opaque black would work well without adding too much bulk. :) And I do prefer it saturated with topcoat and glassy-smooth. :)

Where to buy? Since it's a discontinued shade it's a little tricky to get but Nail Polish Canada still has it in stock. I've also seen it on Amazon and eBay.

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment