Tuesday, February 03, 2015

28 Days Of Red! Day 3: Julep's "Martina"

How has your year been going so far? Sticking to those resolutions or do you need a new plan? ;)
I didn't make any resolutions this year (aside from a 12-month no-buy! And so far, so good!). I figured that psychologically it would be better to start mini improvements each month of the year than trying to tackle one big list in January when the weather sucks and you're still recovering from holidays. Winter is tricky though, at least here. Blah weather makes you feel tired & less motivated. I don't suffer from seasonal mood swings (my depression doesn't have a seasonal preference!). Hard to shake it though.

Anyway, onto to today's red! The theme for today was a full-coverage glitter. This one kinda counts. I expected it to be mostly glitter in kind of a clear base but it was red glitter in a red jelly base. It was an untried for me so I wasn't sure. Either way, it is Julep's "Martina".

Julep's "Martina" is one of the Birthstone polishes from 2014, "Ruby for July". Julep polishes are 3-free, vegan and cruelty-free. For this mani I used 2 coats of polish and topped with Seche Vite. You MUST use a topcoat because it dries kinda flat & almost matte. You might even need 2 layers of topcoat since the glitter is a bit on the dry side. I know some ladies don't use a topcoat (this baffles me!) but without it on this polish, you will be disappointed.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, cloudy daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outdoors, cloudy daylight (no sun).



This polish was a bit of a disappointment to me. In the bottle it's crazy glittery/sparkly but on the nail it's just kinda so-so. Maybe if it's in the sunlight it would sparkle more? I don't like glitters that ONLY sparkle in the sun though. Any light should be picked up by the glitter. I dunno. I guess I expected to be wowed and it kinda fell flat. I know other people love this polish though.

Where to buy? You can purchase this polish directly from the Julep website. If you are a Julep Maven  you get the polishes at a discount, to sign up for the Maven monthly subscription box, click here!

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or website discussed in this post.






No comments:

Post a Comment