Monday, February 02, 2015

28 Days Of Red! Day 2: Picture Polish "Bridget"

Happy Groundhog Day! I am quite certain the groundhog is frozen solid under a massive pile of snow, so more winter is ahead. Obviously, we've been in a blizzard since yesterday and it's still going strong. Crazy snow!

(Want to know more about the 28 Days of Red mani challenge? Click here!)

But today's red theme is "holographic". I was going to go for a linear holo but I think I'll save that for later. Today's mani is piCture pOlish "Bridget", a gorgeous red scattered holo.

piCture pOlish's "Bridget" is a medium red scattered holo (meaning the holographic particles are kinda all over making it look sparkly and almost fuzzy... linear holo polishes have more of a strong line that looks like a rainbow down the centre of the nail). This shade is more strawberry-jam looking in the photos but in real life it's darker, more like the bottle shade. It was released in 2014 as part of the Opulence shades & is also known as Ozotic 621 (Ozotic discontinued their polish line and PP snagged the recipe and pigments for some of the shades). They are vegan & cruelty-free, as well as 3-free. Rah!

This polish was super easy to work with. I used 2 coats of polish for this mani and topped with Seche Vite. This is an untried for me!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, cloudy daylight (no sun).


Outside, cloudy daylight (no sun).


 Indoors, under halogen kitchen light.


I love this polish! I wish it photographed well but scattered holos are tricky to capture.

Where to buy? You can order directly from piCture pOlish (in Australia) or Llarowe (in USA). There are other stockists (check the piCture pOlish site) but stock levels vary.

NB: I won this polish from Nail Polish Canada in a giveaway, but it has NO impact on my opinion whatsoever. I have no affiliation with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment