Tuesday, February 10, 2015

28 Days of Red! Day 10: Dior "Star"

Today is kind of a crazy day for me. As many of you know, I used to be a critical care/trauma RN but nearly 3 years ago I was assaulted by a violent patient and ended up with a permanent disability. I LOVED my job but could no longer do patient care so I've been on disability. Last year I went to grad school (but took this year off on medical leave) in a totally different area (Masters of Information Science). In December I resigned from the College of Nurses of Ontario -- a heartbreaking decision but I needed to slowly cut the ties. Today I finally lopped off the final thread and resigned from the hospital I was working at (they had me still technically employed by them but I was on "medical leave"). Next month will be 3 years since my injury and it was time to let it go. It was SUCH a hard decision, you have no idea. But I think it was the right decision. So lots of emotion today -- hopefully onto something amazing! Here's to new beginnings and fresh starts!! *hopefully!*

Anyway, onto nail stuff! Today I selected a gorgeous polish -- Dior's "Star". Funny I'm listening to one of Madonna's new songs from Rebel Heart, "Iconic" and this polish matches the song. How perfect! In fact, a few of the songs match. <3

(Want to know more about my 28 Days of Red! mani challenge? Click here)

I have always loved Dior polishes -- the colours are so beautiful, the formula is amazing and the brush is perfect. I have zero complaints about this brand (except maybe the price!). I have maybe 10 Dior polishes and I adore all of them. This shade, "Star" is from the Fall 2014 collection and is one of their new "gel effect" polishes (super shiny & long-lasting). "Star" is a bright cherry red -- though in some light it looks fuchsia. The cool thing about this polish is it has very faint teeny tiny glitter sparks that you can only really see under certain lighting. I think it gives this shade more depth without being overly blingy or glittery. For this mani I used 2 coats of polish and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light. I tried so hard to capture the glitter, you can kinda faintly see it in this photo around the light reflection.


Indoors, bright cloudy daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright cloudy daylight (no direct sun).


I LOVE THIS COLOUR! Seriously. It's one of those polishes that you don't want to take off once you have it on. It's seriously beautiful. <3 It just makes your hands look pretty. :)

Where to buy? Dior polishes can be purchased from various retailers, check out their website to find a location.

NB: I won this polish in a giveaway hosted by Dave Lackie on Twitter. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites featured in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment