Sunday, February 01, 2015

28 Days Of Red! Day 1: Orly's "Rock It"

So yay! February 1st! Tomorrow is Groundhog Day which is hilarious to me. Gotta watch the movie for sure. :) This month is gonna fly by and then we'll be into March -- that much closer to spring! Last year winter dragged on & on here, it was awful. Don't get me wrong, I love winter and MUCH prefer it to summer, but after a while you get eager to see some green stuff.

Today's red "theme" is "shimmer". I selected Orly's "Rock It". I think I'm a bit rusty at the daily mani thing, need to step up my game! At least my nails are starting to grow out!

(want to know more about this 28 Days of Red mani challenge?? Click here!)

I bought this mini as part of a 4-polish set where each polish was seemingly from a different collection. I have never tried this one so yay! for trying "untrieds"! 
This polish is from the Orly Mineral FX Collection in Fall 2011. I haven't been able to find info about it's vegan status but it is cruelty-free and 3-free (but the "cruelty-free" status also depends on where the company markets/sells the product since some countries -- like China -- have laws that require animal testing... SO LAME!). 

As you can see, it's a berry red shimmer polish. The formula was super easy to work with. I used 2 coats of polish & topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, cloudy daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, cloudy daylight (no sun).


Outside, cloudy daylight. Clearly no sun. *boo*


Overall, I like this polish. It's not my fav but it IS pretty -- more pretty than you can see in these photos.

Where to buy? Since it's a 2011 polish, it doesn't appear anyone is really stocking it. I have seen it on Amazon & eBay.

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker featured in this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment