Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 2015 Empties & No-Buy

So I decided that 2015 would be a "no buy" year for me. Not buying any non-essential items. Goal is to use what I have. The ONLY thing excluded from this is my monthly Julep box -- but NO Secret Store or outside Maven box purchases, period. I'm keeping the empty containers from what I use each month and posting my empties.

So here is what I used up in January:


The list:
  • Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam candle. My favourite! There is a bit left in the bottom but it won't burn anymore (the wick is toast). I have a large one in my stash. I'll use it up before buying a new one.
  • Julep's Bare Face Cleansing Oil. It's 75% full but totally rancid so it goes. This is the problem with too many products, things don't get used up before they go bad!
  • Philosophy Sweet Creamy Frosting Body Lotion. I loved that one, even cut it open!
  • Korres Guava Body Butter. Another goodie I cut into!
  • Icy Hot Cream. I need this stuff for my neck so this is a routine purchase. I go through a LOT of it (1-2 tubes a month at least)
  • Dove deluxe sample of Oxygen Moisture shampoo. I liked this, want more!
  • Dove deluxe sample of Oxygen Moisture conditioner. Again, I want more!
  • KBShimmer Pink Sugar cuticle oil. I loved it at first but it went rancid fast (2 months I think). Or maybe I didn't use it up fast enough? I have so many I try to rotate through.
  • Julep's Mighty Cuticle Serum (this is the little one that comes with their blue base coat in the Nail 911 kit). I had a backup so I'm good. I love this stuff. Using up the backup before I repurchase.
  • Julep's Rock Star hand cream mini. I go through this stuff like crazy. I *almost* used up a full size this month but there's a few uses still in it so I guess that will be in my February post! I have a backup.
  • NUME Hair Mask. I got this in one of my subscription boxes (can't remember which one, maybe Topbox). Sat on bathtub ledge forever (so much clutter!). I finally used it and I LOVELOVELOVE it! I would totally buy a full-size one. Maybe once my no-buy is over. :)
  • Garnier Moisture Rescue Foaming Face Cleanser. This is the only cleanser I have used consistently over the years that my skin will tolerate. I've had to stop using it for periods though because I have very temperamental skin that likes something one day then breaks out in a rash to the same product the next day. But out of everything I've ever used, this one is in top rotation. :)
That's it! I'll start gathering for February and even though it's a short month, I'm hoping to top the number I used up in January!

As for the no-buy, I really haven't bought anything. I did use some Jules (Julep reward points) and a referral code to get some products (which required a few extra dollars, but less than $5 total). I did buy some tea but to me, tea is food so it doesn't count. And my boyfriend (who lives with me) drinks it too so we kinda take turns buying it. Nothing excessive or crazy! I did buy something on Etsy but it's a gift for boyfriend for Valentine's Day (if it gets here on time, if not it will be Anniversary gift in March!). I did not buy polish (outside my Maven box) or makeup or books or anything not required (I did pay rent, bills, buy food, etc). It's definitely been hard and I've really wanted a lot of things but I've been good. :)



2 comments:

  1. Going on a no-buy is pretty impressive, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's soo hard sometimes not to shop but I need to use up what I have (i.e. way too much stuff!)

      Delete