Monday, January 05, 2015

Cirque Color's "Arcane Fire"

Wow! It feels like forever since I blogged! I had planned on doing a mani challenge for January but I think December took a lot out of me and I didn't have much steam left for much of anything come January 1st. But I did do some manis over the holidays, you can see them on my Instagram. I also spent a day with henna packed onto my hair (I used Lush's Caca Rouge). Debating whether to do a blog post about that or not. It was an experience! (I had never used henna before).

Anyway, I decided to do a post about today's mani, using Cirque's "Arcane Fire" -- a stunner that doesn't get enough love! And yes, I had some odd nail breaks over the holidays and opted to cut my nails SUPER short (at least this is super short to me!). I'm gradually getting some length back. It was fun to have really short nails though, I kinda liked it. ;) I do think longer nails are more flattering on me, however.

Cirque Colors describes "Arcane Fire" as, "a deep ruby red with multi-faceted gold sparks". It's a very good description! The formula is amazing, kind of a jelly-ish consistency but more coverage than most jellies. I used 2 coats of polish for this mani & topped with Seche Vite. Cirque Colors is a a 3-free brand and is cruelty-free. Most of their polishes are vegan but I can't confirm if this one is or not.

This shade reminds me of "Marsala", Pantone's Colour Of The Year for 2015. This shade does lean a bit more red but it's close. And the gold shimmer makes it that much more beautiful!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright (cloudy) daylight, no sun (near windows).


We have yet to take our tree down! Soon!


Outside, bright/cloudy daylight (snowing), no sun.


Under halogen kitchen lights.


Overall I love this colour! It's an untried for me so I'm really happy to wear it. :)

Where to buy? You can order online directly from Cirque Colors (check their website for stockists). It's also available from Nail Polish Canada & Harlow & Co.

NB: I won this polish in a giveaway hosted by Nail Polish Canada. My opinions on this polish are completely independent of the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment