Wednesday, January 21, 2015

China Glaze - X

Wow! It's been way longer than I intended! I've been busy writing (novel & script) and recent IKEA shopping to get proper storage for my collection (I'll do a separate post with collection video!). I've been missing nail blogging though. I think I got burned out with all the daily challenges last year. Then NaNoWriMo & holiday stuffs. By beginning of January I was exhausted!

Anyway, having my polish collection properly organized means I've been finding some hidden gems. Today I selected China Glaze's "X" -- partly because it's GORGEOUS and partly because the script I'm working on is my idea for an X-Files 3 movie. I know they've been talking lately about revamping the show -- but I swear I have the most PERFECT idea for a final film that would wrap up everything beautifully and tie up all those loose mythology and shipper strings. But I digress!

More after the jump!
I have had this polish forever and honestly, it's never been used! Crazy!
This China Glaze shade was part of their X Collection in 2007 to celebrate their 10-year anniversary. Each polish had a Roman Numeral instead of a name, hence the "X". It's a shimmery dark red in a blackened base. This polish is 3-free, can't confirm if it is cruelty-free (I know China Glaze is cruelty-free now, not sure if they always were). For this mani I used 2 coats of polish and topped with Seche Vite (cruelty free but not 3-free).

Under LED lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, cloudy daylight, near windows.


Outside, cloudy daylight.


Indoors, under halogen track lights in kitchen. (pretty!!)


I LOVE this colour! I might pick up a backup bottle before it's gone forever! Thought I'm on a no-buy right now (except my monthly Julep box). *boo*
Speaking of no-buy, I'm collecting my empties and will do an empties post at the end of the month!

Where to buy? Well, it's tricky since it's from 2007! I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada (& it's still available on their site!). I've seen it in discount stores like Marshalls. I have also seen it on Amazon & eBay.

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment