Monday, November 17, 2014

Update!

So I've been in deep with NaNoWriMo -- I'm keeping up with the word count and trudging along. I'm discovering I'm a total "pantser" (meaning I write by the seat of my pants) vs a "plotter" (who organizes, outlines, knows their story beforehand, etc). Basically, on Day 1 of NaNoWriMo I had a scene in my head. A single scene. One character (ok, two). I had NO idea what kind of story it would be, though I had an inkling it wanted to be a fantasy/sci-fi kinda thing. I've never written before (long boring story involving deeply dysfunctional family issues). It's working out surprisingly well. My characters are just doing there thing, acting out the story and I'm doing my best to record what I'm seeing in my head. It's actually a lot of fun!

I don't have a synopsis yet or anything -- maybe later. I'm kinda shy about it, being my first story.

Anyway, I have a few things I want to post about. I've received a few boxes (November Julep Maven, Ipsy November box, Petit Vour November box, Chick Advisor Clarisonic Mia 2 for review) and I've done a whole 2 manis (but they're good ones!). I'm not sure if I'll get through all this stuff today but I'd like to get them up relatively soon.

What else? In December I'm going to have daily Advent calendar openings (with a mani)! So far I have 4 Advent Calendars: Ciate Mini Manor (I had this last year, loved it!), The Body Shop, DavidsTea, and a colouring one (yep, I dig colouring!). I might get the L'Occitane one. I considered the Benefit one but it's WAY overpriced (price increase of $30-40 from last year!) so no. Advents aren't really a big thing here in Canada so pickings are slim. I wish we had more, I totally love them!

Oh, and my birthday is coming up on the 29th. I'm hoping to have my NaNoWriMo novel finished by the 28th so I can relax and enjoy my birthday weekend without having to worry about my word count! We're also putting up the Christmas tree & decorations that weekend, can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment