Monday, November 17, 2014

Julep's "Austen" with China Glaze's "Fairy Dust"

For the past 2 days it's been snowing very gently here and I was inspired to do a gentle glitter mani. I recently received Julep's "Austen" and pulled out my tried & true China Glaze "Fairy Dust" (practically essential for the holidays and into the rest of winter!).

Here's a short video of the snowy view from my balcony. Baby snows compared to what some people have already! But I like it! :)



Julep's "Austen" is a pretty dark shimmery blue. Nothing OMGAWESOME but I have a think for dark shimmery blues and wear them a lot. :)
China Glaze's "Fairy Dust" is a clear polish packed with fine holographic particles (like dust!). It's one of my favourite sparkly topcoats! It's versatile, goes over everything and is a breeze to remove. :)

Julep's "Austen" was great formula-wise. I applied 2 coats but could've used just one. China Glaze's "Fairy Dust" was a bit thick but I've had it over a year so it was a teensy bit thick. A drop or two of polish thinner would smooth it out beautifully. I used one coat of "Fairy Dust" and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, cloudy day (no sun), near windows.


Outside, cloudy day (no sun).


Because there's no sun, indoor kitchen halogen track lights!


Love the blurry pics of holographic polishes, makes them look like Christmas lights!


Overall I love this mani. Totally festive and fun. And perfect for snowy days!

Where to buy?? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website (with our without a subscription) or from Sephora (in store and online, though not all colours). China Glaze polishes can be purchased at a number of salons and beauty stores. I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada (I also won a bottle in their giveaway! yay! for backups!).

No comments:

Post a Comment