Monday, November 17, 2014

A England - Crown Of Thistles

I'm kind of on a no-buy right now. Which is perfect because holidays are coming up, there are gifts to buy, and I'm so into NaNoWriMo right now that I don't need to waste time (& money) shopping for polish. The sad part is there are SO MANY awesome holiday collections coming out. To compromise, I let myself pick ONE bottle of polish and that's it. Nothing else until after the New Year. I might even be skipping December Julep. I'm not buying anything from their holiday sales. I DO have enough points (Jules) to get a free box so who knows.

Anyway, I actually did this mani over a week ago and meant to post it. I was going to a NaNoWriMo after-hours writing event in Chapters Indigo (chain book store in Canada for those of you who don't know) and wanted pretty nails. :) My single bottle of polish had just arrived and I wanted to give it a go!

You can laugh at my short nails but it's necessary for writing a lot everyday. :p

I am SO GLAD I bought this colour! It's this crazy shifting colour that goes from orchid (almost pinky-purple) to a darker purple and it has a really soft holo. It's just gorgeous!
As with all A England polishes, this one rocked in terms of formula. Applied beautifully. I used 2 coats for this mani (could have done 1 careful coat). Topped with Seche Vite. A England polishes are vega, 3-free and cruelty-free. I love them!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright (cloudy) daylight, near windows.


Outside, bright (cloudy) daylight, no sun.


Definitely no sun, just clouds. Boo. :(


No sun so I went to the halogen track lights in my kitchen!


A short while later the sun came out! Very briefly (see how dark the sky is in the distance?!).




I love this polish!! I don't really think I need to explain why. :)

Where to buy? A England polishes can be purchased from a lot of places. In the UK, try her site directly. Overseas there are a number of retailers (check her website for stockists). I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Love your swatches! Reached your blog while looking for swatch stick ideas and loved the shape of your nails. I only have a couple of A-England, gorgeous polish. Cheers

    ReplyDelete