Friday, October 17, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 17: Cinnamon Bun - Revlon's "Autumn Spice"

Since starting this mani challenge I've wanted to use this particular polish, it's perfect for fall! Gorgeous colour AND it's scented with autumn spices (smells like sweet cinnamon and nutmeg, yum!).

Want to know more about this mani challenge or jump in?? Click here!

Oh, and I cut all my nails back!! They were getting a bit long and uncomfy to type so I cut them shorter. They feel soooo weird!



This polish was notoriously difficult to photograph. The pics just don't seem to do it justice. In person it's very shimmery and has depth to it. In the photos it looks kinda flat. Weird.

As for the "cinnamon bun" theme, I think this polish reflects more the dark cinnamon part (& scent!) than the tan bun part!

This polish is part of Revlon's Parfumerie Collection. It is 3-free but NOT cruelty-free. I recently found out that Revlon has started testing on animals again in order to break into the Asian market. They have since decided that the Asian market is not for them and are in the process of pulling their products out of the region. BUT they have still not made a statement about whether or not this means they will cease animal testing. I purchased this (& other Revlon) products with the previous knowledge that Revlon was a cruelty-free company. I'm not comfy tossing all those products (not a fan of waste and besides, the damage is done) but I won't be purchasing ANY products from Revlon in the future unless they publicly state that they are cruelty-free. I just sent them an email asking for clarification. We'll see if they respond.

Whew! Ok. So for this mani I used 2 coats of "Autumn Spice" and topped with Seche Vite (NOT 3-free but they are cruelty-free and vegan). The scent is still very noticeable even with a topcoat. It lasts for a few days and gradually fades. I LOVE this one! It's not headache-inducing, just subtle wafts of spice when your hands near your face. It's kinda awesome!

Oh, I took a lot of pics because I was trying to capture how pretty it is!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight.


Outside, direct sun. (woo! sun!).



Indoors, under halogen track lighting in kitchen.


Macro under halogen track lighting in kitchen.


I totally love this polish and it makes me really sad that this company now feels the need to test on animals. I will GLADLY offer my "testing" services! Of course, this doesn't include application to my eyeballs or raw skin or force-feeding it to me so see how much it would take to actually kill me. But hey, anyone wanting to consume 30 bottles of nail polish probably wants to die and no amount of animal testing can change that. Just sayin'.

Where to buy?? Revlon polishes are widely available, though the Parfumerie Collection is a Limited Edition one? I'm not positive but I think it is. I haven't seen it routinely stocked anywhere here (Toronto, Canada). BUT since they test on animals now I would recommend looking towards other brands before purchasing this polish. A lot of indie brands make amazing fall collections and don't test on animals (for example, KBShimmer!).

Looking for a cruelty-free beauty box?? I just signed up with Petit Vour last week and I'm totally looking forward to getting my first box. Their products are cruelty-free and vegan so you can feel good about making yourself up! The only other sub box I have is to Julep, whose polishes are cruelty-free and vegan (not all their non-polish items are, so read the ingredients list before purchasing!). If you wanna sign up with Julep, please use my referral link. If you have any questions about Julep, lemme know and I'll do my best to answer them all!

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

1 comment:

  1. This looks yummy, even with the photos not doing it justice. Very autumnal :)

    ReplyDelete