Wednesday, October 08, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 8: Grape - OPI's "A Grape Affair"

Day 8 of the Amazing Autumn Mani challenge is "grape (purple)". I have SO MANY purples I could have used but I really wanted to go with OPI's "A Grape Affair", it seemed so perfect!

(want to know more about this mani challenge, want to join in? Click here!)

Before we start, I must point out the VERY distracting pen mark line on my pinky in all these photos! I didn't realize it was there until after I took all these pics and I didn't want to redo the photos since it was getting darker out. *boo* Either way, it's not a hair or anything gross, it was an errant pen mark (I take notes when I do my manis about important blog stuff I want to remember to include). Grr!

This polish is from OPI's Coca Cola Collection that was released in early 2014 -- designed to represent grape Fanta. Mmm… fizzy grape pop! Yum! (yes, in Canada we call it "pop", other countries call it "soda" or whatever… it will always be "pop" to me!). 


The formula was awesome and I used 2 coats of polish for this mani, followed by Seche Vite top coat. I should also point out that OPI polishes are 3-free, cruelty-free, and vegan (yay!!).

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright (but cloudy) daylight, no sun, near windows.


Outside, bright (but cloudy) daylight.


Straining for maybe a peek of sun through the clouds??



I totally love this polish! The longer I had it on the more I loved it! It's a very rich, regal purple creme. But not an in-your-face purple, more like a deep velvet purple. :) Perfect for fall! Plus, OPI polishes are so nice to begin with. I would love to stamp with gold polish over this, it would be so pretty!

Where to buy?? OPI polishes are a salon brand but can be purchased in a number of beauty stores and online shops. In Canada, try Trade Secrets, Sally's Beauty Supply, and online stores like Nail Polish Canada.

NB: I received this polish in a giveaway through Nail Polish Canada. However, it was not given in exchange for a review, my opinion is completely independent of the giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment