Thursday, October 23, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 22: Lap Blanket - Kit "From Paris With Love"

Yes, I missed yesterday and I'm a bit late today. Busy getting ready for NaNoWriMo! Yes, I will be writing a 50,000 word novel in November. Are you doing it too?? If so, add me as a buddy on the NaNoWriMo site! My username is madricka. That being said, I will not be doing any mani challenges throughout November but I'm hoping to still get the odd mani and post up and maybe a quick review or two.

In the meantime there's still another left of the Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! If you want to know more about it (or get in a bit late), click here!

For Day 22's theme "lap blanket" there is only one real lap blanket around here and it happens to be red! (yay!)

The snuggly red & white cotton & acrylic best blanket EVER!
So how did this blanket come into my life?? I saw it last year at Chapters Indigo in store -- and as much as I wanted it, I didn't want to pay full price ($80, which is kind of excessive for a lap blanket, in my opinion). I figured it would go on sale eventually and a short while later it DID, for a whole 50% off! This was in December, just before Christmas. I ordered it online and had it 2 days later. Love!!

I use it every single day (I'm always freezing). Even my cats love it! Seriously, I think it's their favourite thing in the whole house. Fortunately it's machine washable and dryer-friendly. *woo!* I would totally buy a new one except they sold out just after Christmas and don't have them again this year. *boo*

I use it outside when I read (our balcony faces North and we're on the 9th floor and our building is on a hill so we're wwaaaaayyyy up there (for reals, we have eagles nesting on our roof!) and it's windy and cool. Lap blanket helps!


I have about 600 photos of my cats on the red blanket. This is Murphy. Aww. <3


OK. So naturally I had to do my nails red for this theme! The perfect match is Julep's Molly, BUT I already used that polish and posted it a few times on this blog so I wanted to go with something else. I don't have many red cremes so I picked a shimmer/metallic one I hadn't used before -- Kit's "From Paris With Love". 

This polish is a mini, I found it in a set (4 minis) on a post-holiday sale rack at Rexall/Pharma Plus a few years ago. I haven't used it yet (weird). I think the minis sorta get lost in the collection because they're so small. I went by swatch sticks when picking this one. Anyway, Kit is Rexall/Pharma Plus' private label brand of polish (they also have polish remover and nail tools and stuff). The polish is 3-free. I can't seem to find any info on their animal testing/animal ingredient stance. I did email them about it today but haven't heard back yet. I used 2 coats for this mani but could've gotten away with 1 careful coat. I did not use a topcoat. The formula was absolutely perfect!

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Direct sun.


I decided to see how it would look with a matte topcoat (I used the one by Butter London).
Under LED desk lamp.


Overall I'm super impressed with this polish and depending on what their animal testing policy is, I might buy more! I like how the matte topcoat made it satiny. :)

Where to buy?? You can check out the Rexall/Pharma Plus website to find a store near you (I'm assuming they're only in Canada??). The Butter London topcoat can be purchased in a number of places since a lot of online and physical stores carry their polish. I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada.
The red blanket is from Chapters Indigo, but like I said, they list it as out of stock and it's been that way for nearly a year. :/

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment