Tuesday, October 07, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 7: Wet Sidewalks - NCLA's "Rock Solid"

Day 7 already?! What?! And "wet sidewalks"… how appropriate considering it's pouring rain out at the moment! I was busy earlier and couldn't do this mani/post until now so the photos will be a bit different than my usual. I had to work with the lighting I have! I selected NCLA's "Rock Solid" because it's totally that perfect "wet sidewalk" look in my opinion. I had a good one for "wet asphalt" (NCLA's "My Dad Invented That") but it was too dark for sidewalks. :)

Want to know more about the Amazing Autumn Mani challenge (& maybe join in)?? Click here!

(evening light, pouring rain so cloudy but some light?)
NCLA polishes are made in Southern California, USA. They are 5-free, cruelty-free, & vegan (can't get better than that!). They make my absolute favourite creme polishes (seriously, out of all the brands I've tried, NCLA makes the most amazing creme polishes -- best colour saturation, best formula, best shine!). This particular shade, "Rock Solid" is a medium-dark grey creme with silver glitter. I used 2 coats for this mani (super easy to apply) and topped with Seche Vite. 

I usually do some fairly standard photos but these will be a bit different since I did this mani at 6pm and it's pouring rain out -- so any outdoor shots are kinda dark (same with the "near the windows" indoor shots). I did the best I could!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, cloudy evening light, near windows.


Indoors, regular lightbulb/lamp (window is behind my hand).


Outside, cloudy evening light. (totally pouring rain!)


Indoors under halogen track lighting in kitchen.


Indoors under "daylight" spectrum bulb/lamp -- oddly, this pic is most true to real life!


I really love this polish! I'm a sucker for greys and I love the glitter in this -- it's tiny so not to be overly blingy but adds that extra bit of sparkle. It's also perfect for this fall theme of "wet sidewalks" and autumn. Especially appropriate considering it IS pouring rain outside!

Where to buy NCLA? You can purchase directly from their website (I have, they have crazy fast shipping! Seriously, they shipped an hour after I ordered & LA to Toronto in 5 business days, that's awesome!). You can also buy from their various distributors (check their site for details). In Canada, Nail Polish Canada and Harlow & Co carry their polishes.

NB: As NCLA was one of the prize sponsors for the Nail Polish Canada Great Polish Giveaway, I won this polish. However, it was not given in exchange for a review, my opinion is completely independent of the giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. This is a polish I wouldn't look twice at sat on a shelf... but once on it seems to come alive. This looks fabulous on you - it really suits your skin tone! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an interesting colour! And as much as I love the idea of creme polishes with glitter in them, I always end up having a big screaming fight to get them to look good (often they just turn into a big clumpy mess!)… but this one went on super easily!

      Delete