Monday, October 06, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 6: Chai Latte

It's been so cold this weekend I'm thinking it's time to pack up the tank tops and pull out the sweaters. Summer seemed to fly by this year! Not that I'm complaining, I MUCH prefer fall/winter over summer. I can't tolerate the heat/humidity/sun of summer AT ALL, it just makes me feel sick. But I love cold, an excuse to bundle up and be cozy. :) I love snow (so pretty!!) -- but I'm a winter baby (my bday is Nov 29th) so that might have something to do with it!

Today's challenge is "Chai Latte". Tricky since I have never had a chai latte before! I had to look up pics to see how brown they are, lighter/darker. I guess the milk makes them lighter? I did the best I could -- at first I wasn't so sure but in the end I kinda like how it turned out!

Want to know more about this mani challenge (& maybe jump on board)?? Click here!



One thing you will notice is there is some kind of glitter or whatever on my creamy base. That is my interpretation of milk (bubbles?) or sugar? I dunno. I was going to do a glitter gradient using this particular glitter polish but it just didn't work out well so I went with full-nail glitter.

What did I use? For the base colour, I used Zoya's "Taylor" and topped with Nubar's "White Polka Dot" glitter. "Taylor" was from Zoya's Naturel Collection 2013 (rose toned nudes) & is described as a, "full coverage, light toffee cream". I'm pretty sure I used 3 coats. I used one coat of Nubar's "White Polka Dot" (kinda white satiny hex glitter and smaller iridescent circle glitter in a clear base) and topped with Seche Vite.

Both Zoya and Nubar polishes are 3-free, cruelty-free, and vegan! yay!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Cloudy day. *boo*


Overall, I like how this turned out. I don't know if this colour is particularly flattering on me since I'm so pale but I think adding the glitter broke it up a bit and made it more interesting. I don't think it screams "Chai Latte" but I'm sure you can see how I got there from here? Haha.

Where to buy this stuff? Zoya polishes can be easily purchased online and in salons. Nubar can be purchased from a few places but is trickier to find.

NB: I purchased Zoya's Taylor last year though did receive another bottle in my NPC Giveaway prize. I did not previously own Nubar's "White Polka Dot", this came in my NPC Giveaway prize.

6 comments:

  1. I think you got the look spot on - the color looks creamy and the sparkles add a bit of dimension like you said!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was trying to capture the whole latte thing but the polish on it's own didn't work as well as when I put the glitter topper on! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks good enough to eat! Love the added sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, it's one of those glitters that you think are pretty but would never find a use for -- and yet, it works perfectly here!

      Delete
  3. Wow that's amazing. Love this combination. I thin I have to test it by myself :)

    ReplyDelete