Saturday, October 04, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 4: Night Sky - Cirque's "Tibetan Nights"

Yay! All caught up now!

Day 4 is "night sky" and I HAD TO pick one from my Nail Polish Canada polish prize and go with Cirque's "Tibetan Nights", you'll understand when you see it!!

Want to know more about the October "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge"?? Click here to find out more and start painting with us!



I can't imagine a polish being a more perfect representation of the Milky Way than this one by Cirque!! If I had known just how stunning it was in real life, I would've bought this polish a LONG time ago!


Cirque Colors is an indie polish maker headed by Annie Pham in NYC. Her polishes are 3-free and cruelty-free. This shade is from the Dark Horse Collection 2012 (her debut collection). Cirque describes this shade as, "a deep blue with micronic-sized glitter suspended in a translucent (jelly) base". The jelly is a very richly pigmented dark blue -- seriously gorgeous! There are teeny sparks of glitter, including silvery bar glitter (which I usually don't like but work SO WELL in this polish).

For this mani I used 3 coats of "Tibetan Nights" and topped with Seche Vite. The formula was remarkably easy to work with and dried fairly quickly for a jelly.

Under LED light.


Macro under regular desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Kinda hazy sun? Stupid clouds!


I absolutely adore this polish!!! It's so beautiful and is one of those polishes you put on and don't want to take off! I wish I could have captured just how stunning it is! And I think it perfectly represents today's theme of "night sky".

Where to buy?? Cirque Colors has this shade in stock on their website. It is also available from Nail Polish Canada. I checked Harlow & Co and she is presently sold out. Check the Cirque website for international stockists.

NB: I received this polish as part of a giveaway prize from Nail Polish Canada.

2 comments: