Saturday, October 04, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 3: Acorn - Julep "Minka"

Almost caught up!

Want to know more about the "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge" we're doing through October?? Click here to find out more!

Day 3 is "acorn" -- so many colours I could have used. For a combination of reasons, I went with a reddish brown matte polish (Julep's "Minka"). Reddish brown acorns and red squirrels! yay!


I was going to go with a plain brown but I thought it would be more fun to go with a warmer, reddish-tinged one. :)


This shade is part of the November 2012 Suedes Collection from Julep (the suede polishes are all matte finish). Julep's polishes are 3-free and cruelty-free (yay!). For this mani I used 2 coats of "Minka" and NO topcoat (though a trick to getting matte polishes to last longer: apply a matte topcoat in-between layers of polish!). The formula was amazing!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight, no direct sun.


Sun is on other side of building. *boo*


Overall, I love this polish! Maybe it doesn't totally scream, "ACORN!" but it does remind me of red squirrels, so it's close! ;)

Where to buy this polish? Normally I would direct you over to the Julep website, but I just checked and this shade is retired and unavailable. They do make their retired shades available periodically so you can always stalk their site. Otherwise, I would suggest sale/swap sites or store sites like Amazon, eBay, and StoreEnvy.

NB: I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment