Saturday, October 04, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 1: Moss - Cirque "Lichen"

WOW!!! I'm SOOOO behind in this month's mani challenge! Rest assured, I do have a valid reason I promise to post several manis today and be fully caught up within the next hour!
Wednesday was the 1st of October -- the day I received my prize package from Nail Polish Canada -- the unboxing took me a really long time and I ended up with a migraine and muscle spasms in my neck and trapezius muscles (I have a work-related injury from caring for a violent patient who assaulted me, I have daily chronic pain but certain things cause flare ups that take several days to resolve). I wasn't able to sleep Wednesday night -- most likely a combination of pain/spasms and excitement from the package arriving. Thursday and Friday were continuations of migraine and spasms. Today is the first day I feel "normal" (no migraine but still muscle spasms, though they are less intense). SO, today I've been playing catchup and will be posting the first 4 manis of the October "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge!" both here and on my Instagram.

So, for the first mani of this challenge, the theme is "moss". I chose "Lichen" by Cirque and think it's absolutely perfect!




I love big mossy trees! This is the first polish I'm using from my NPC polish prize! Yay! Had I known it was this stunning beforehand, I would have purchased it long ago! (and yes, I know the name of this polish is "Lichen", which is a fungus, not a moss, but work with me here!)


Cirque Colors is an indie polish brand headed by Annie Pham out of NYC. Her polishes are 3-free and cruelty-free (yay!). Cirque describes this shade as a, "golden olive that shifts to grassy green at different angles". This shade is from the Alchemy Collection 2013. For this mani I used 2 coats of "Lichen" and topped with Seche Vite. The formula was beautiful and super easy to work with.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


*boo* Cloudy day…


This polish is WAY more stunning in real life than in photos -- it was really hard to capture the depth of it! It's dark green but has deep duochrome green shimmer… sooo pretty! I totally love it!

Where to buy?? You can purchase directly from Cirque Colors (in stock). I just checked and it's in stock & on sale at Nail Polish Canada. It is also in stock at Harlow & Co. Check the Cirque website for international stockists.

NB: This polish was sent to me as part of a giveaway but I am not compensated for any endorsement.

No comments:

Post a Comment