Saturday, October 18, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 18: Howling Winds - China Glaze "Dorothy Who?"

Ok. So I know today was supposed to be "dark grey" to represent "Howling Winds" but when I was swatching this shade the other day I knew it would be perfect for today's theme!

Want to know more about this mani challenge & maybe jump in?? Click here!

So yeah, the whole Wizard of Oz/howling winds/tornado/Dorothy thing was just too hard to resist. Plus this is a new polish for me and it's SO PRETTY, I was dying to try it!

I love blurry pics of glitter polishes! It reminds me of Christmas when you scrunch up your eyes and stare at the Christmas tree -- so fun & so pretty!

This shade is part of the Wizard Of Ooh Ahz Collection by China Glaze. Originally launched in 2001 but re-released in 2009. It's a medium blue jelly packed with silver and blue glitter. China Glaze polishes are 3-free, cruelty-free, and vegan (some of their nail treatments are not vegan, just check labels). The formula was super awesome. I used 2 coats of polish and topped with Seche Vite (NOT 3-free but it is cruelty-free and vegan). 

And the theme "howling winds".. well… it IS cold/windy here in Toronto today (9C and 45km winds and overcast *blah*). At least this polish is cheerful!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Macro under regular light.


Indoors, bright (cloudy) daylight, near windows.


Outside, bright (cloudy) daylight.



Clouds. Boo. This polish would look stunning in sunlight!!



Indoors, halogen track lighting in kitchen.


Macro under halogen track lighting.


I LOVELOVELOVE this polish!! It's super sparkly and just plain pretty. It's so rich in colour and the glitter payoff is awesome. <3

Where to buy it?? China Glaze polishes are fairly easy to find. In Canada, it's presently in stock at Nail Polish Canada and Trade Secrets Canada websites. 

NB: I won this polish in a giveaway from Nail Polish Canada. This polish was NOT given in exchange for a review however, and my review of it is independent of the giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment