Friday, October 10, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 10: Storm Clouds - Julep's "Stevie"

It's October and that always means rain and storms -- at least in my part of the world. It's the changing over of summer into fall and the cooler temps send the birds and butterflies south and turn the leaves a million shades of awesome. I love fall! Even the stormy days! Makes me want to cozy it up with scarves and sweaters and lattes and books. It's a nesting time and there is NOTHING I love more!

For Day 10: Storm Clouds, I chose Julep's "Stevie" -- kind of a gunmetal bluish grey metallic shade. I've had it forever, eyeballed it in the bottle, but never wore it!

(Want to know more about this mani challenge or jump in?? Click here!)


The view from my balcony:


This polish kinda reminds me of Chanel's Black Pearl -- but this one leans more blue and the Chanel one leans more green. Here is the Chanel one:


Stunning, and similar to the Julep one, but this wasn't the shade I was going for! Julep's "Stevie" does lean more blue and has more of a "storm cloud" feel to it. I was going to go with a lighter blue-grey shade but I wanted to use something untried & I think I've tried all my regular blue-grey ones!

The formula was good and I had zero issues with application. Julep polishes are 3-free (maybe 5-free now?), cruelty-free, and vegan. As I mentioned earlier, I've had this one for a while (I think I bought it during the holiday sales last year!), but this is my first time using it.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under regular light.


Indoors, cloudy bright daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, cloudy bright daylight (no sun).



I really like this shade though I wish it was just a teensy bit more blue. It's a good fall colour and is kind of like the shiny version of Julep's matte polish "Brit" (pics/review here). Not quite the same but similar. Maybe I like Brit a little better. ;)

Where to buy?? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website (with or without a subscription) or from Sephora (online and in store).

NB:  I purchased this polish myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish maker or the websites discussed in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment