Sunday, October 26, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 27: Julep's "Marla" with silver stamping

Ok, so I'm doing this post a bit early. It will be my last mani post for October. I'm cutting out early so I can get ready for NaNoWriMo which starts on Saturday. If anyone else is doing NaNo, feel free to add me as a buddy, my username is "madricka". It's my first time doing this and I'm super excited and getting very nervous as it gets closer. I'm sure that's normal. No?

For this final mani the theme is "Witchy Woman". I wanted to do something elegant and not in-your-face Halloween or scary. I selected a new polish, Julep's "Marla" and stamped silver flying witches on the ring finger. Perfect! :)



This shade "Marla" is from Julep's Black Magic October 2014 Collection. I love it!!! It's like a super ripe fresh cherry shade (real cherries, not the bottled ones!). So perfect! And the subtle silver shimmer is a nice touch! I used 2 coats of "Marla" then stamped the witches with Sally Hansen's "Silver Sweep" & used Cheeky Jumbo Plate 6 "Happy Holidays" (image at bottom). I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro of stamped nail, under LED desk lamp.


Macro of "Marla" under LED light.


Macro of "Marla" under regular light bulb. Doesn't it look like cherries??


Indoor, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


The sun totally went down. *boo*


Even though this pic is out of focus, I still really like it!!


Cheeky Jumbo Stamping Plate 6 - Happy Holidays.


Overall, I love how this turned out! I think the colour is STUNNING and the silver stamping compliments the silver shimmer in the polish. It's also an elegant way to get across the "witchy woman" theme. Totally wearing the crap out of this polish!

Where to buy?? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website (with or without a subscription). Their polishes can also be purchased at Sephora (in store and online), but they don't have the full collections. Sally Hansen polishes can be found in a number of drug and chain stores fairly easily. The Insta-Dri ones (like this) are excellent for stamping! Cheeky Jumbo plates can be purchased from their website or other places online (I bought mine from Amazon).

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! A true cherry red indeed :) Best of luck with NaNoWriMo!

    ReplyDelete