Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 15: Corn - Cirque's "Chrysopoeia"

Halfway there! :D
This month has been soooo much fun! I absolutely love the challenges and the colours I selected!
Today's was interesting because hey, pasty pale ladies do not wear yellow very well. But it's CORN, how else to show it. Well, this ended up working out kinda nicely!

Want to know more about this mani challenge or jump on board (it's not too late!)?? Click here!




So this is a real thing! It's called "glass gem corn". How pretty!! 
For today's mani I selected Cirque's "Chrysopoeia" -- a holographic yellow. It reminds me of this corn because of the rainbow effect of the holo and the traditional-ness of the yellow. Great fun!

Cirque describes this shade as, "a sunny marigold with a rainbow holographic finish". That pretty much sums it up! It is from the Alchemy Collection (2013). What the heck does "Chrysopoeia" mean?? You can read up on it here (but the quick/dirty definition is the transition of an element into gold). The formula was good, albeit sheer. I used 3 coats of polish and topped with Seche Vite. Note that Cirque polishes are 3-free, cruelty-free and vegan (most are but I think 1 or 2 are not). Seche Vite is NOT 3-free but it IS cruelty-free and vegan. Woo!

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright (cloudy) daylight, near windows.


Outside, bright (cloudy) daylight.


Meh, stupid clouds!


Under halogen track lighting in kitchen.


I love this polish! It's like electrified corn! LOL :p My boyfriend is not a fan but unless I'm wearing red, purple or black, he hates everything. Too bad for him!

Where to buy?? You can purchase Cirque polishes directly from their website. They are also available at a number of stockists (check their website for details). In Canada, you can get them from Nail Polish Canada and Harlow & Co.

NB: As Cirque Colors was one of the prize sponsors for the Nail Polish Canada Great Polish Giveaway, I won this polish. However, it was not given in exchange for a review, my opinion is completely independent of the giveaway!

2 comments:

  1. I always called in Indian corn, we always had it this time of year when I was a kid. (Not to eat, for decorating!) I had no idea it had another name. Love this color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a special variation that is glossier and more brilliantly coloured than traditional Indian corn. I think you can actually eat this kind! It's so pretty though! If you Google search images of "glass gem corn", there are some stunning photos. If I had a yard I would totally grow some! LOL

      Delete