Sunday, October 12, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 12: Lucky Penny - Cirque's "Stella"

I had a few ideas on how to go about this particular mani. I kinda went extreme and I'm not sure how I feel about the outcome. I'll explain more after the jump!

Want to know more about this mani challenge? Click here!




The idea of this mani is kinda funny since there are no more pennies in Canada! As of last year they've been pulling them out of circulation. Prices get rounded up or down if paying cash and stay exact if paying with credit or debit cards. Weird but I'm kinda used to it by now. I probably have a few pennies kicking around the house somewhere but honestly, I haven't seen pennies in a while!

So today's mani started out with Julep's "Natalia", I'll show a pic of what that looks like (I took this pic in June when I received it, didn't take a pic before going glitter today!).


My plan was to just use Cirque's "Stella" on the ring finger like an accent nail -- but then I was all, "I bet it would look cool on ALL THE NAILS!" and went crazy. I'm not sure I like how it turned out, I think it would've been better to keep it on just the accent nail. But I didn't want to take it all off and start over.

Cirque's "Stella" is a, "romantic rose gold microglitter" is part of the Alchemy Collection (2013). Cirque is an indie polish maker out of NYC and headed by Annie Pham. Her polishes are 3-free, cruelty-free, and most of them are vegan. For this mani I used 2 coats of Julep's "Natalia" and one coat of Cirque's "Stella". I topped with Seche Vite (NOT 3-free but cruelty-free and vegan).

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED lamp.


A blurry one because it's fun. :)


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Wah, the sun is on the other side of the building. *boo* Considered running down there but with my luck the clouds would cover the sun anyway (very cloudy with some sun peeking through).


So yeah, not sure I like glitter across all the nails (though it IS a pretty glitter!). Might have been better with just accent nail. Either way, I do like both polishes!

Where to buy this stuff?? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website (with or without a subscription) and at Sephora (in store and online). Cirque polishes can be purchased from their website (check the site for international stockists). In Canada, you can get Cirque at Nail Polish Canada and Harlow & Co.

NB: I purchased these polishes myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish makers or websites discussed in this post.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty alone, never mind with added glitter! I love the pink hue to the copper :)

    Oh, that's a sensible move, taking all the pennies out. I must admit, I was slow to get the hang of the coins when I was in Toronto relative to British pounds - I spent ages in a shop chatting to a lovely man explaining to me to go by weight, not size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We had trouble when we went to Paris, the coins being so different! It used to be that pennies were the big hassle and now you end up with a purse-ful of nickels instead! :p

      Delete