Sunday, October 12, 2014

October's Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge! Day 11: Pumpkin - Cirque's "Sanguine"

Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday. Life. :/

For Day 10: Pumpkin I chose a different kind of orange. I have SO many orange polishes, though I'm not really an "orange" kind of person (pale people can't really wear warm colours, it just doesn't work). But this one changed my mind completely. I think it will change yours too!



I LOVE fall & I LOVE pumpkins! I never actually carve them or cook them (I tried a few times but felt sooo bad). I just kind of hug them and carry them around. Sounds bonkers & maybe it is a bit but I prefer being "friends" with them. :)

Anyway, the polish I selected for today's pumpkin mani is Cirque's "Sanguine". It's not something I would have ever purchased (orange, not for me!) but I won it in a giveaway so I figured I would give it a whirl. I am SO GLAD I DID!!! This polish is insanely gorgeous, even on my pasty stumpy hands! Seriously, I put it on and didn't want to take it off, I just wanted to stare at my nails and do the whole, "Ohhh! Ahhhh!" thing. It really is that pretty!

Cirque describes it as a, "chameleon orange that shifts to coral and gold at different angles". I think there's more going on in there. It shifts from orange to gold to almost red. Maybe it's the pinky-red tinge that makes it work for me? I dunno. But this definitely ain't your average orange polish! It's a multichrome of pumpkin awesome! This polish is from the Arcus Collection (2013).

A word about Cirque -- they are 3-free, cruelty-free, and I believe nearly all of their polishes are vegan (I think one has carmine in it, not this one). They are an indie polish brand out of NYC and headed up by Annie Pham. She doesn't release 600 new polishes a year and doesn't have the craziness of some other indie brands -- but her polishes are outstanding quality and she puts a lot of time and creative and intellectual effort into her work. I appreciate and respect that. I own several Cirque polishes and have nothing but good things to say.

For this mani I used 3 coats of "Sanguine" and topped with Seche Vite (my fav topcoat EVER, while it is NOT 3-free, it is vegan & cruelty-free). I had zero issues with the formula or consistency.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Cloudy but bright. No direct sun (*boo*).



Indoors, under halogen track lighting in kitchen.


Overall, I absolutely adore this polish!! I'm surprised, like I said, I wouldn't have looked twice at it before. That's why it's good to try new things I guess! But isn't it STUNNING?!

Where to buy? Cirque polishes can be purchased from their website. You can also find them in Canada at Nail Polish Canada and Harlow & Co. Please check the Cirque Colors website for international stockists.

NB: As Cirque Colors was one of the prize sponsors for the Nail Polish Canada Great Polish Giveaway, I won this polish. However, it was not given in exchange for a review, my opinion is completely independent of the giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment