Tuesday, September 09, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 9: Fish

Ok, might seem like a weird topic for a stamping mani challenge -- but I have a lot of fish images and I figured I would use them!

Want to know more about the September Stamping challenge?? Click here!

Today's mani was done with a migraine aura, so be kind!

So because I have teeny tiny nail beds, fishie had to spread across ALL of my nails. I was hoping to get away with just 3 but oh well. I used piCture pOlish "White Wedding" for the base. I stamped with Konad's blue stamping polish. I accented the fish with Color Club's "Blue Heaven" (holo) along the fins and Color Club's "Galactic Garden" (flakie) along the scaly part of the body. I used Vivid Lacquer's stamping plate VL012 (image below). I also stamped my thumbnail, as you will see -- for that I used the same base and stamping polishes. I accented the bubbles with Color Club's "Blue Heaven" & the mermaid's body with "Galactic Garden". I used stamping plate Cheeky Jumbo 8 Princess Charming. I used Seche Vite to top it off. Oh, and I used Vivid Lacquer's white squishy rectangular stamper.

Under LED light.


Macros of each nail, pinky-to-index. Under LED light.





Macro of thumb with mermaid/bubbles.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Direct sun.


Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 Princess Charming.


Vivid Lacquer Plate VL012.

 
Overall, I like this mani even if it was overly-ambitious for my skill level at the moment. I think I was also starting to get a migraine and shouldn't have attempted this since my vision was all kinds of wonky (I get migraine auras/lose spots in my visual field) -- it resulted in the sloppy addition of the holo & flakie polishes. :( I think I just wanted to hurry up and get it done. Lesson: don't do nails when getting a migraine, just leave it for another time! Or maybe nail art isn't for me? I'm good at swatching, I might stick to that after this month is over.

Where to buy these items? The piCture pOlish "White Wedding" is a Llarowe exclusive polish, so you can only get it on her site. It's worth getting, it's such a pretty white! At some point I'm going to order a second bottle. The Konad blue stamping polish can be purchased from a number of different places, I got mine at Nail Polish Canada. The Color Club "Blue Heaven" is from their Halo Hues collection of holographic polishes -- so beautiful! They can be bought from a number of places also, but they tend to sell out quickly (they are great holos and fairly cheap). I bought this also from Nail Polish Canada. The Color Club "Galactic Garden" flakie polish was part of a special Luminous Lacquers Collection of 4 flakie polishes last holiday season. They were only available briefly, I'm not sure you could even find them anymore (I haven't seen them anywhere!). I bought the set from Llarowe last winter. Vivid Lacquer plates can be purchased from her Etsy shop -- she does periodic restocks, sign up for news! The Cheeky Jumbo Plates I bought from Amazon (you can also buy from their website) -- you can buy individual plates, a set of 5, or the whole set of 10. They also sell the small round plates as well. They ship from China so super slow, but I really like these plates and have used them a lot.

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month! participants -- so many beautiful manis!


1 comment:

  1. Loving how sparkly this is! I bow down to you - I am still not brave enough to try a continuous image even several months in, never mind fighting an aura at the same time. Awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete