Monday, September 08, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 7: Hearts

Ok. I didn't post this last night. I was really mad. I fought with stamping plates and polish (& cut myself on a plate) so by the end of it I was really frustrated and mad and unhappy with the results and didn't want to post. I did 3 manis last night, I'll post 2 today (Day 7: hearts & Day 8: Dragons). I'm still kinda mad but hey, this is part of the learning process, right??

Want to know more about the stamping challenge?? Click here!

So hearts. I have SO MANY heart images/plates. But I was eager to try the Messy Mansion one (MM31).

Well, here we go!

Messiest train wreck stamping ever! I'm really not sure what to say. I redid these nails a few times and they still came out looking like crap. I'm not sure if it's the plate, the polish, the stamper -- I dunno. It just wasn't working out AT ALL. I did not have fun with this. It's just bad in all kinds of ways. And then I cut my pinky on the plate so anytime polish remover touched it, ouch!

What did I use? For the base, Enchanted Polish's "September 2013". For stamping polish I used Julep's "Padma" (a *gorgeous* rich purple, so pretty!). For stamping plates, I used all 4 full-nail designs on the Messy Mansion plate MM31 for fingers & the single "heartbeat" image on the Bundle Monster plate BM-411 on my thumb. I used the pink end of the Konad double-ended stamper and a white squishy rectangular one from Vivid Lacquer. By the end I was getting a little nutty so I can't say which worked and which didn't. :/ I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED light.


Macro of thumb under LED light (I did macros of the other nails but they looked so bad I deleted them). This didn't pick up the beginning of the heartbeat so missing the "Q" of the "QRS". *boo*


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Messy Mansion plate MM31. I used the 4 full-nail images (clockwise from top: pinky, ring finger, index finger, middle finger).


Bundle Monster plate BM-411, heartbeat image used on thumb.


So yeah, this mani was a total fail. It just wasn't working and I tried a few times. I wasn't even going to post it but I wanted to stay true to the challenge -- plus, I think it's good to show people new to stamping that not every image/plate/plan works out -- stamping is hard! Some days are good and other days you want to kill people! It's not an impossible art -- it can be really fun. But I think some bloggers/YouTube videos make it look super simple so when newbies get a major fail they throw in the towel a bit too early. Not all your manis will be perfect and that's OK!! Keep at it!

As for where to buy this stuff… Enchanted Polish is hard to get a hold of, it's low in supply and high in demand. I had to buy this shade off a sale/swap page (& paid well-above retail). The Julep shade is much easier to get (presently available on the Julep website). The Messy Mansion plate, I bought from her Etsy site (she also has a website and some of her plates are available through Nail Polish Canada -- though this one is presently sold out everywhere). The Bundle Monster plate (BM-411) is available individually or in the "Create Your Own" plate set. They are sold out on Nail Polish Canada's page but are in stock directly from Bundle Monster.

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month! participants.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting it, it does help, but you are just super critical about your self. yeah some parts are missing, some are smudged, but overall other people do not see all this tiny things, trust me. Also sometimes if an element of image was not picked up completely, I just gently scrape this part from stamper before stamping (like if it never meant to be there). For example those pieces at the tip of your ring finger could be cleaned up without disturbing whole pattern. And nail would have more neat look.

    ReplyDelete