Saturday, September 06, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 6: Travel!

I'm currently trying to inventory all my polishes and put them into an Excel spreadsheet -- soooo tedious and boring! But I'm also finding stuff I totally forgot I had, which is awesome! I decided to do this to make it easier to track what I have, avoid buying dupes, and to organize/sort my NPC polish prize when it gets here. Making life easier in the long run!

Today's stamping challenge is "travel", which is a tricky one! I don't have that many travel-themed stamping plates/images. I started out with one idea but then it ended up changing. I ended up doing a Sex And The City/NYC mani. :)

Click here for details about this mani challenge!

So this came out weird! I was going to do something Paris-themed but I'm realizing my intentions often morph into something else entirely! I think the Sex & The City/NYC theme is fun though. :)

Ok, here is what I used: Cirque's "Powwow" for the base (best pink holo ever!). I stamped with Konad's black stamping polish. The gold on the lipstick tube is Essie's "Good To Gold". The metallic green on the lime on the cosmo is Art Club's Chrome Green stripper. The rhinestone star on the middle finger is from Cheeky. I used Konad's double-ended stamper and Seche Vite topcoat.
I used the following stamping plates (images below):
  • Bundle Monster BM-414 (buildings)
  • Cheeky Jumbo 3 "European Romance" (lipstick & purse)
  • Cheeky Jumbo 2 "Tropical Holiday" (airplane & cosmo)
Under LED desk light.


Macro of index finger, LED light.


Macro of middle finger, LED light.


Macro of ring finger, LED light.


Macro of pinky, LED light.


Macro of thumb, LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outside, direct sun.


Bundle Monster plate, BM-414.


Cheeky Jumbo Plate 3 "European Romance".


Cheeky Jumbo Plate 2 "Tropical Holiday".


Same plate as above!



Overall, I like how this mani turned out! It is way more sparkly/holo in person! It's fun though! I'm a bit nitpicky about precision and I keep looking at all the little errors/messy spots. I gotta stop doing that!
I realized afterwards, looking at the pics that maybe placing the plane and buildings where I did might give the wrong impression of a "NYC" mani -- that was completely UNINTENTIONAL! I just wanted to tell a story about flying to the Big Apple to enjoy cosmos and shopping a la Sex & The City! So I'm hoping no one takes offence (though I am sure *someone* will).

I'm not going to go through where to buy everything -- I can tell you where I bought these things if you want to know (just leave a comment below!).

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the product makers or websites discussed in this post!

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month! participants… lots of really beautiful things happening! <3


4 comments:

  1. Your macro shot of index finger is so awesome, there is a real sense of motion there, I love it. I also like how you add little details to each nail, instead of just simple stamping. I wish I had same plates as you. Where did you get Cheeky Jumbo plates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I got the Cheeky Jumbo plates from Amazon - you can buy them individually, a set of 5 or all 10. :)

      Delete
  2. Really gorgeous manicure, and you have better sunshine than we do :) Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We had super hot weather & crazy thunderstorms last night but cool/sunny today. Can't wait for fall! <3

      Delete