Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 30: The End!

Today is the last day of the September Is Stamping Month mani challenge! Wow, 30 days of stamping! It was fun, frustrating, interesting, and exhausting! There is absolutely a learning curve with stamping and it does help to learn as much as you can and be patient with yourself. Has my stamping improved? In some ways it has -- I'm getting better at alignment! But in some ways it hasn't -- especially since I'm struggling to find the magic secret to my new squishy stamping heads! I think I'm getting there though. I am looking forward to a month of regular manis for October (I will still do stamping for some of them!).

Also… my Nail Polish Canada Great Polish Giveaway prize is scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!! I will not be able to sleep tonight! This is like epic Santa nail mail! Stay tuned as I am doing an unboxing video and posting pics and stuff!! <3

For my last stamped mani, I chose to repeat one of my first-ever stamping manicures from a year ago! I was determined to use the squishy stamper so that's what I did for all my nails except the ring finger (used my the small end of my Konad stamper for that nail).

I think it might be the plate causing the missing spots? I cleaned it in-between each stamping and there was no residual polish left on the stamper. This happened regardless of which stamper head I used (squishy one or firm Konad one). I was going to fill in the patchy spots with black polish but I wasn't up for that kind of detailed work! Especially since I wasn't wearing it long -- the next mani challenge starts tomorrow!

For this mani I used 2 coats of Julep's "Amy" (one of my fav Julep polishes!) and stamped with Konad's black stamping polish. I used 2 plates (see images below): Konad's M60 for the full-nail design, and Pueen's plate Pueen16 for the ring finger. I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight, some direct sun… kinda sunset-ish. :)


Sunset nails!


Pueen16 stamping plate.


Konad's M60 plate (I've used this one 3 times this month!).



Overall, I like the aesthetic of this mani, I just wish the image would pick up properly. It's weird, on the stamper head it looks like it picks up and transfers completely -- but then there are patchy spots! I dunno.

Where to buy this stuff?? Julep polishes can be purchased on their website & at Sephora. Konad stamping plates & polish are easy to find, a lot of sites sell them.

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers and websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants! It's been a lovely month, thank you to everyone who participated!!! <3

The October one starts tomorrow! It's the "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge" and will be hosted by the lovely Lady Loves Lacquer -- so please go read up on her post about it and let her know if you will be participating! I definitely am and have the perfect polish picked out for Day 1!

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely, and I find the imperfections in pick up quite endearing :) (These happen to me most often if my speed isn't fast enough - I find images with bit areas of stamping polish dry really inconsistently, so parts will be fine and others not: don't know if that's a potential reason for you too). Geometrics really are simple (when they are whole nail designs) and striking - a perfect way to begin with stamping, and a great way to bookend the month :) It's been a pleasure to take part, and to find your blog in general! Hope to participate in Lady Loves Lacquer challenge too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I just ordered the Winstonia plates as my first try for stamping and it was not working for me. I did not know about filing your stamper so I will try that and also I used OPI Black onyx and that might also be why my stamping is not working lol. Thanks so much for the helpful information. Hopefully you get to try out the winstonia plates and do a full detailed review I would love to see that. Thank you

    ReplyDelete