Wednesday, September 03, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 3: Kitties!

I totally thought this mani would turn out better… but it just looks… weird. Maybe I should've stamped upside-down so it faces other people? Or are you supposed to stamp so the image faces you? How do you guys do it??

Want to know more about September Stamping month or want to join in? Click here for all the details!

Anyway, Day 3 was "cat/dog/pet" so I chose kitties because… well, I have kitties (4 of them!).

As I'm still a total newbie, I have alignment issues -- that part definitely needs more practice! And I should probably use a different topcoat because Seche Vite is too smeary (with the Konad stamping polishes anyway).

Here's what I used: the pink polish is OPI's "Pedal Faster Suzi!", the white is piCture pOlish's "White Wedding" (<-- both polishes have shimmer). I used Konad's black stamping polish & the pink end of their double-ended stamper. The stamping plates I used (see image below) are: Konad's M91 and Bundle Monster's BM-412 (from the CYO set). I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED light.


Thumb (lost some of the image near the top, again, need more practice!). This pic was taken outside, no direct sun. And looking at it now, I need to clean up more around the edges -- geez! This whole mani is a fail!

Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Stamping plates: Bundle Monster (BM-412) & Konad (M91).


See what I mean about the images?? Do you stamp them facing you or other people? I guess it depends on who you're doing the mani for! LOL

Where to buy?? The polishes: OPI is widely available. The piCture pOlish "White Wedding" is a Llarowe exclusive so you can only get it from her website (I just checked & it's in stock! she ships internationally). The stamping plates you can get from the Bundle Monster website (both the individual plate and the set that contains the plate are in stock at the moment). I just checked the Nail Polish Canada website and they have the OPI polish ("Pedal Faster Suzi!") but are out of stock on the stamping plates.

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish makers, stamping plate makers, or websites featured.

Please check out the other September Stamping Month participants!!


4 comments:

  1. Cute!!! I love your paw prints, check mine out: they went really badly! http://robertawilko.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/white-rabbit.html

    This was fun though xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I do a design, whether it's stamping or free hand, I always do it facing other people. It works both way for other people to see, and for myself. Since I always bent my fingers with palm facing me when I look at my own nails.
    I don't think it's a fail! Those kitties are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I now suspect we have some sort of telepathic connection, this time we used the same white polish :) Your are too critical in this post. Your Cats look nice and clean. This color combination is also a win!!! As for orientation, it does depend on your preferences. The one you did is nice if you like to look at them yourself, the opposite may be better for taking pictures and showing to others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the paws and cat outline on your index finger! I don't find SV smears on Konad, but I float the polish (make sure there is a bead on the brush, and moving it over the nail so that the SV brush only touches top coat, rather than the brush contacting the stamping polish). Not a fail at all: these are cute! We all are still on the placement learning curve :)

    ReplyDelete