Sunday, September 28, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 28: Polka Dots

I'm always amazed at how quickly these months fly by! Mid-month it feels like it's never gonna end then BAM! suddenly it's over. Two more manis left in this challenge after today, they are wildcard picks so I think I'll have a bit more fun with them. Not that I didn't have fun with this mani challenge but sometimes I felt a bit stuck in terms of my stamping plates and inspiration. Does that make sense?

Want to know more about September's Stamping Challenge? Click here to find out more!

Next month's mani challenge is the "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge" and starts on Wednesday -- I'm definitely in on this one (and sooo excited!). Lady Loves Lacquer is the host for this one so head on over to her site and take a quick peek at the "rules" and the suggested guide -- and don't forget to let her know if you are participating, we love promoting your manis too! I also have a quick run-down here. I will revisit and re-link all this stuff each day leading up to the 1st. Don't worry if you can't do every single day, you don't have to be a super go-getter to participate but please try to stick to it as much as you can. :)

But today! Today's theme is "polka dots". But I didn't want to do just straight-up dots so I picked this dot gradient image and once again, messed around with different stamper heads. Not perfect but not entirely bad.

As you can see, a lot of the dots didn't transfer fully. WTF?! I have been fighting with stampers, plates, and polish all month! SUPER frustrated that this isn't easier. I redid this mani twice then just left it. Weird dots and misalignment FTW!

The base colour is 2 coats of China Glaze "For Audrey" (I've had this polish for a year and just wore it now for the first time!). I used Konad's white stamping polish but I think it's thickened and is causing some of these problems. Can you use polish thinner on stamping polish?? I used Konad stamping plate M60 (same one as yesterday). I topped with Seche Vite. I used about 3 different stamping heads for this. Grr.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Konad stamping plate, M60.



Overall, I like the concept of this mani -- I just need practice in execution. And I think I need to thin my Konad stamping polish. And practice more with the sticky/squishy stampers because right now they are making me PSYCHOTIC!!

Where to buy this stuff? China Glaze is fairly easy to get a hold of and this is a popular shade. Konad stamping polish and plates are also easy to buy. I bought all these items at Nail Polish Canada.

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/plate makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping month participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment