Saturday, September 27, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 27: Stripes

Aww… we're in the last few days! Only 3 more manis after this. But then… the super magical and exciting "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge" begins! (details at the end of the post!!)

So if you're late to the party and want to know what this September Is Stamping Month mani challenge was all about, click here to read up on it!

Day 27 is "stripes". I was having a hard time coming up with some interesting stripes so I decided to use a plaid stamping plate (vertical AND horizontal "stripes"). Maybe an interpretive stretch but here ya go!

I LOVE how this turned out! BUT I still need practice with (a) lining up images, and (b) using different kinds of stamper heads. I do like this image and I like the colour combo. :)

I used one coat of Julep's "Molly" and stamped with Konad's black stamping polish. I used Konad stamping plate M60 (see image below). I topped with Seche Vite. As for stamping heads… I did some nails with my regular double-ended Konad stamper and some with a medium firm rectangular one and finally one with a sticky/squishy one. Still need to play with those ones!

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Outside, direct sun.


Konad stamping plate, M60.



Overall I LOVE this look and want to practice perfecting it! I love red polish and the black plaid looks elegant over it. It was super easy to do. I just need to get my alignment figured out!

Where to buy this stuff? Julep polishes can be found on their website, but this particular shade is retired. Konad stamping polishes and plates can be purchased from a number of distributors (I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada).

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

ALSO, the October "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge" is starting on Wednesday!! Are you participating?? Lady Loves Lacquer is hosting this one, please visit her site for all the details and let her know if you are participating! I am definitely on board and already have some colours picked out -- excited to do some fall manis!

3 comments:

  1. I ADORE this! I love black and red as a gothicy mix (they are also my high school colours), I love the Scottishness of the tartan-like pattern... I need a plate like this in my life :)

    ReplyDelete