Friday, September 26, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 26: Coffee + NPC prize update

Soooo… Nail Polish Canada emailed me yesterday evening to say they shipped my polish prize (all 200 polishes!). There was some delays getting things together because it's a sponsored prize and each sponsor had to send their polishes in. Anyway, it's en route and will be here on Wednesday October 1st! The package weighs 27 lbs! I will be doing a quick unboxing video when it arrives and will post it here. The list of polishes included can be found here (though there were some polishes backordered so a few were substituted with similar colours from that same brand).

The weird thing is 197 of the polishes are coming from Vancouver and will arrive Wednesday… the other 3 polishes are coming from Toronto and arrive today… so I have to resist opening the 3 polishes today, which will be hard, it's like Christmas! But I think it would be better to open it as one big package. :)

Nail Polish Canada took a photo of it all before packing it all up and they posted it on their Facebook page last night. Here it is!


Yep, kinda crazy! I'm super excited & super overwhelmed. I also have NO idea where to put these! My current storage is packed and not really practical anymore. I think I need a trip to IKEA! I'm not going with Helmers, I would need several of them and I don't have the space. I'm thinking of the tall Alex unit.
I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night & had to take extra meds (fell asleep around 2am). I'm guessing it'll be the same story on Tuesday night as well. I'm a sensitive bean!

OK, today's mani! Day 26: coffee. Once again, this totally didn't turn out the way I had it planned in my head. I want to redo it but I don't have time today. :/
If you want to know more about this stamping challenge, click here!

It just didn't work. It's kind of a mess actually. :/ I think it would have been better if I just did an accent nail instead of trying to do ALL my nails. I was hoping the Starbucks cup would turn out like it did on Day 13: School (I really like how that one turned out!). I think because I stamped it with white and tried to paint it the way it should look.. ended up a big blobby mess! Grr. And the other stamps just look… weird and cluttered. I dunno. The GOOD part is this base colour! It's "Mink" by Cirque -- a gorgeous rich brown holo (I used 2 coats).

The rest of the details: I stamped with Konad's black stamping polish on the pinky, used Konad's white stamping polish on ring & middle fingers, and Sally Hansen's "Silver Sweep" on index finger. I used acrylic paint to flesh out the Starbucks cup. Plates (images below): Cheeky Jumbo 4 "Top of The Class" for the Starbucks cup on ring finger. For the other fingers I used Cheeky Jumbo Plate 7 "Home Sweet Home". I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Cheeky Jumbo Plate 4 "Top Of The Class" (part of it, these plates are HUGE!).


The next 3 images are of Cheeky Jumbo Plate 7 "Home Sweet Home" (again, only part of them because the plates are huge).




Overall, not happy with this. Like I said, would've worked better just using one image or something. I dunno. Still trying to work out the new stamper heads. Tricky.

Where to buy this stuff?? Cirque polishes can be purchased from their site or from one of their many distributors (I think I bought this one from Harlow & Co). Konad stamping polishes are fairly easy to get your hands on. Cheeky Jumbo stamping plates can be purchased from their website or from Amazon (I bought the set of 10 on Amazon, but they also sell them individually).

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with any of the polish/product makers or websites discussed. 

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

Also, the next mani challenge, "Amazing Autumn Mani Challenge" starts on Wednesday (October 1st, how perfect!). Lady Loves Lacquer is hosting this one so visit her post to find out all the details and request to be added to the participants!! I will definitely be participating and I'm looking forward to it -- I love fall and the mani suggestions are absolutely perfect!

2 comments:

  1. AH i see zoya carter right at the front which is the one I picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly,the mani is cute; I like the pinky finger beans especially! Secondly, what a monstrous haul of a win - congrats :D Storage is definitely a nice problem to have, with so many fantastic brands and colours on their way :) Hope you get something sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete