Thursday, September 25, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 25: Stars

I had a fight with this mani. Trying to use my new stamping heads that everyone raves about, what am I doing wrong?? I redid this one a few times and it still looks like crap so I give up. :/ We're almost at the end of September and I'm not sure my stamping has improved much. I think I should stick to straight swatching -- I think I'm pretty good at that!

Anyway, today is "stars". I have about 600 star images but wanted to lean towards something less "busy" & more celestial.

I think in the end I used about 4 different stamping heads on the finished product. I was trying to find the perfect one but … well… still trying to figure that out. :/

I used 1 coat of Julep's "Lacey" for the base and stamped with Sally Hansen's "Silver Sweep". I used the stamping plate by Pueen (Pueen18) -- see image below. I topped with Seche Vite.

Pueen18 stamping plate.


Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outdoors, bright daylight (no direct sun).


I like the simplicity of this mani, I just wish I could get the image to transfer better! I will probably try it again because I like the aesthetic.

Where to buy this stuff?? Julep polishes can be purchased from their website and Sephora. Sally Hansen polishes are at many drug and discount stores. Pueen plates can be purchased individually and as part of a set from their website and other distributors (I bought mine at Nail Polish Canada).

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!




No comments:

Post a Comment