Thursday, September 25, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 24: Sports

Yes, I know today is the 25th and this post is late. Yesterday I was anxiously awaiting the mail guy because I was expecting my Messy Mansion Pro Stamper set and wanted to wait to do my mani so I could use new stampers. Of course, my mail guy shows up fairly late then I had to make dinner and such. The mani didn't really happen. :/ BUT I have photos of the Messy Mansion kit in addition to my terrible football mani for today.

Ok. To be fair I had ONE sports-related plate to work with (okay, maybe a few but the others were weird, golf and stuff). I tried my best with this and it still looks like poop. I would NOT do this mani again!

Before we get into that, here's the Messy Mansion Pro Stamper set:

Pretty tin storage box to hold all the bits.


Inside the tin, first peek. In total there are 10 stamping heads of various firmness, a double-ended XL stamper (with removable mini end and large white end), 2 plastic scrapers, and a Magic Eraser pad to prime your heads if you feel you need to do so.


The stamper heads lined up, they are in protective plastic. Why light/dark? So if you are using white stamping polish you can use the corresponding dark stamping head so you can see the image (& dark polish=light stamping head). To use these, you just pop out the white stamping head in the XL stamper and pop in the one you wish to use (some are super squishy, others more firm).


The XL stamper, 2 plastic scrapers and Magic Eraser pad.


First impressions, they are VERY sticky (I am used to firm, non-sticky stampers). I tried using it and it stuck to the stamping plate, popped out of the holder. I tried again, got the image to transfer but then it stuck to the paper. Augh. I can see there is a learning curve here. I tried it on my nails for a few images and images would pick up but not transfer or not pick up properly. I primed, still not working. I think I need a chunk of time and maybe some tips from the experts.
Purchase details at the end of this post!

Ok, so the mani. What did I use? For the base colour, 2 coats of OPI's "My Boyfriend Scales Walls" (I seriously love this white!). For the football I used Julep's "Fiore". For the helmet and kicker leg I used Konad's blue stamping polish. For the pinky starts I used loose iridescent star glitter by Martha Stewart (see image below). Stamping plate was by Cheeky (CH35) - see image below. I topped with Seche Vite.

Cheeky stamping plate, CH35.


Martha Stewart iridescent hearts and stars glitter (the one I used is at the bottom right corner, called "Blue Slush").


Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.



An outdoor pic is the one at the very top.
Overall, I don't love it and wouldn't do it again. I might use the helmet image, maybe the football one, like during playoffs or something. I think there are better football images out there though. I like how the stars turned out, except they are very stiff and don't lie flush with the nail (I have very curved nail beds). They are pretty though and I would probably use them (& the hearts!) for other manis.

OK. Where to buy this stuff??
I'll start with the Messy Mansion Pro Stamper kit. She sells these in various formats -- the full kit, like I have, just the two on their own (matching firmness in light/dark) -- either in the in or without the tin. The kit I showed above was $45USD with $6.95USD shipping. It took a week and a half from US to Canada once it was shipped (I ordered on the 10th, she sent on the 12th). Not bad. You can check out the stamping heads and other goodies (her stamping plates are awesome!) on her website -- note that she is based in Australia but has a US warehouse also.
The OPI polish probably isn't too hard to find, though it may have been LE. Julep polishes can be found on their website and at Sephora. Konad stamping polishes are fairly easy to come by. The Cheeky stamping plate can be purchased from their website or on Amazon. The Martha Stewart glitter was bought at HomeSense (part of the Marshalls/Winners/TJMaxx chain) for around $12CND.

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with any of the polish/product makers or websites featured in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment