Monday, September 22, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 22: French Tip

Ok, so now I'm all caught up! Whew!
Day 22: French Tip. SO many ways this could be done. I wanted to go with something semi-traditional just because it's a look I never do.

Want to know more about this mani challenge?? Click here!

For this mani I used Nicole by OPI's "Dream Maker" for my base colour (3 coats, it's super sheer with strong gold shimmer). I stamped with Konad's white stamping polish and used Konad's stamping plate M57 (image below). I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).



Stupid sun not here. :(


Konad stamping plate, M57.



Overall I like this mani but I need a LOT more practice with alignment. I don't know why but I always end up tilting my images the same way. Frustrating! I *think* I'm lining them up but when I look it's all weird. Grr. I originally did this mani using Essie's "Good As Gold" for the stamping but it wasn't showing up very well against the pink-gold base so I redid it with white.

Where to buy this stuff? Nicole by OPI is widely available here in Canada, not sure about other countries - I bought this shade several years ago at Shoppers Drug Mart (Canadian drug store chain). Konad stamping polishes and stamping plates are fairly easy to get your hands on - I bought these at Nail Polish Canada.

NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites featured.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not big into stamped tips when done as true Frenchies (the nude with opaque tip look), but this is lovely and making me rethink about it :)

    Here in the UK, OPI Nicole is readily available in High Street drug stores (Superdrug), compared to regular OPI which is beauty salon/duty free at airport/online only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting how different polish brands are available in various countries. Nicole by OPI is everywhere here. Regular OPI is more salon brand but you can find it at discount chain stores here quite easily. We also have "Trade Secrets" -- kind of a beauty brands store (hair stuff mostly but polish also) where you can get OPI.

      For this mani I didn't want to do straight French manicure but wanted to mix it up a bit. Funny, got a lot of likes on Instagram for this one (unexpectedly!) -- everyone loves the pink! I bought this shade "Dream Maker" in 2009, no idea if you can even get it anymore. They should remake it, everyone keeps asking me where to find it! LOL

      Delete
    2. I take it that OPI is N. American in origin, hence the availability differences! It does come up in TK Maxx here on sale actually (I think the Stateside store name is similar - TJ Maxx maybe?), and in Sally's for both trained beauticians with trade cards and the general public. While the Nicole range is easy to get hold of, I actually can't think of a single friend with a stash of it... being at beauty store prices within a drug store probably don't work in its favour.

      I'm not surprised that this has been well liked: it stands on the corner between beautiful and subtle, but is far from boring! I looked the colour up, you show it off so well here; it's not available in stores or on Amazon, so must be a discontinued shade. Shame!

      Delete