Monday, September 22, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 21: Movie

There were SO many things I could do for a movie-themed mani! I ended up going with James Bond because I have a Vivid Lacquer plate I've been eager to use forever.

Want to know more about this mani challenge? Click here!

My stamping isn't ideal, I think it's the stampers that I'm using. Still waiting on my Messy Mansion order, should be here any day (I ordered the Pro set of stamper heads, that should help!). For the base of this mani I used 2 coats of OPI's "My Boyfriend Scales Walls" (my fav white base!). I stamped with Konad's black and red stamping polishes. I used 2 stamping plates (images below): Vivid Lacquer's VL007 (haha) for middle, ring, and pinky fingers; I used Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 "Princess Charming" for the index finger helicopter. I topped with Seche Vite.


Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Sun is still on the other side of the building (*boo*).


Vivid Lacquer stamping plate, VL007.


Cheeky Jumbo Plate 8 "Princess Charming" (just showing the helicopter, not the whole plate).


Overall, I like this mani. I think I want to redo it again with different stampers to see how it would turn out. I know some people have said they can remove wonky stamping with tape -- I have tried using all kinds of tape and nothing works. So yeah, if I have a wonky image I have to take everything off and start over (pain in the butt) -- I think if I have to do it more than twice I get too cranky and give up.

Where to buy this stuff?! OPI polishes are available in a ton of places. Konad stamping polishes are also widely available. The Vivid Lacquer stamping plates can be purchased from her Etsy shop and are also recently available from Harlow & Co. The Cheeky Jumbo Plates can be purchased from their website or from Amazon.

NB: I purchased all these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with any of the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping Month participants!

No comments:

Post a Comment