Sunday, September 21, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 20: Scary

Okay, so this post is for Buffy (The Vampire Slayer) fans and even more for Anya fans. If you haven't watched the show, you probably should because it's AWESOME! But to understand this post, you can read the Wiki post here or just know that Anya is a demon who is terrified of bunnies. :)


So I went with pink nails and white bunnies for my Day 20/"Scary" mani. :)
(Want to know more about this challenge? Click here)

Seems weird to use a pink bunny mani as a "scary" post. I wanted to do a spider jelly sandwich but for some reason I don't have a single spider image in my collection! I'm not afraid of spiders but my sister is so it would've been fun for her (or for me, you know what I mean). Not much scares me -- the only thing I am truly phobic of is vomit (emetophobia) and being touched (haphephobia), too tricky to translate into a mani (obviously). Anya from Buffy is terrified of bunnies (leporiphobia) -- the photo above is from the Halloween episode of Buffy (Season 4). Again, if you've never watched Buffy, you totally should!!

Ok, onto the mani specs. The base colour is 2 coats of OPI's "Mod About You" (not a new colour but is part of the Pink Of Hearts 2014 breast cancer research promo duo). I stamped with Konad's white stamping polish. I used 3 different plates (images below): Bundle Monster BM-H10 (ring & index fingers), Pueen 11 (pinky) and Cheeky Jumbo Plate 6 "Happy Holidays" (middle finger). I topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Indoors, bright daylight (no sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight, no sun.


A stretch for sun (no luck, sun still on side of building!).


Pueen 11 stamping plate.


Bundle Monster BM-H10 stamping plate.


Cheeky Jumbo Plate 6 "Happy Holidays".


Overall, I think this mani turned out well. I think the final result matches the concept and I still giggle when I think of Anya & bunnies. :P

Where to buy this stuff?? This year's OPI "Pink Of Hearts" breast cancer duo is being promoted now through November 2014, so you can find it pretty much everywhere right now. I just bought mine a few weeks ago from Nail Polish Canada. This pink shade, "Mod About You" is not a new shade, however, and you can most likely find it sold on it's own -- though the duo is pretty cool (pretty glitter and money to breast cancer foundations). Konad stamping polish can be found in a lot of places. Bundle Monster plates can be purchased from their website directly (holiday set or individual plates) or from other distributors (I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada). The Pueen plate (individual or set) can be purchased from their website (again, I bought mine from Nail Polish Canada). The Cheeky Jumbo Plates can be purchased (individually or the set) from their website or from Amazon.


NB: I purchased these items myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with the polish/product makers or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Is Stamping month participants!

2 comments:

  1. Totally not what I was exoecting, and I love that! :)

    I saw some of Buffy as a teenager. Think I need to watch it all on Netflix as an adult now (having watched Dawson's Creek wirh a whole new set of eyes last year)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. I couldn't think of anything that was scary! I was going to do spiders for my sister but I don't have any spider stamping plates. LOL. Then I thought of Buffy and how funny it is that Anya was scared of bunnies. I have LOTS of bunny plates so I went with cutesy-scary. :p

      And yes, watch Buffy on Netflix!! Such a good show!

      Delete