Tuesday, September 02, 2014

September Is Stamping Month! Day 2: Lace

It totally does NOT feel like September yet! I hope you guys had a good weekend -- and I hope everyone going back to school day has a great day! :D

Want to know more about the September Stamping Challenge? It's not to late to join in! Click here to find out more!

Today's design challenge is "lace". I used Butter London's "Poole" as my base and stamped white lace over it (details in the post!).

As you can see, my stamping is missing spots! Once again, I had problems where the polish picked up on the stamper but didn't want to stick to my nails -- I need to figure this out!! WHY does it not stick in some spots? Am I pressing too lightly against my nail?? Argh!!!

As mentioned, the base colour is Butter London's "Poole" (an awesome blue, highly recommended!), I used 2 coats for this mani. I stamped with Konad's white stamping polish and used the pink end of the Konad double-ended stamper. I used Pueen28 plate (see image below) and topped with Seche Vite.

Under LED desk lamp.


Macro under LED light.


Indoors, bright daylight (no direct sun), near windows.


Outside, bright daylight (no direct sun).


Pueen 28 plate.


Even though my lace design didn't transfer completely, I still really like this mani! I would definitely try it again!

Where to buy this stuff?? Butter London polishes are easily found online and in some stores. Konad stamping polishes can be found online in a lot of places. The Pueen stamping plate can be bought from the Pueen website. The plate I used (28) is part of the "Love Elements" set of plates, though you can buy them individually. Nail Polish Canada has both the individual plate and the Love Elements set in stock (based in Canada, ships to US/Canada, free shipping in Canada).

NB: I purchased these products myself. I have NO affiliation whatsoever with any of the products or websites discussed in this post.

Please check out the other September Stamping participants!



5 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I love apple green and powder blues with white :) As the issue with transfer seems to be mostly at the edge of your manis, it is likely the case that you need to work faster as the polish is drying at the edges (I add polish, scrape, pick up and apply within 10 seconds). The Konad stampers don't need primed, so it would be odd if it was at fault in terms not transferring consistently across its surface. Different stampers require different pressure, but I usually find they need less than you think (my Konad especially, as it slips if I press too hard as my nails are very curved). Hopefully that helps a bit! Looking forward to seeing your results each day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might not be pressing hard enough around the edges -- my nails are pretty curved. I need more practice! But this is what the month of stamping is for -- to get better! By the end of September, I'll be a pro! ;)

      Delete
  2. You have long nails, so may be at the tips the pressure you apply is less? I try to roll my stamper from one side of the nail to another with constant pressure, but I also have this problem sometimes. If you look at my picture, middle finger missing some elements also at the tip. I do not think it's a drying problem, because picked up patterns are so thin, I would expect them to dry with the same speed, but you never know...You should make a test :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's probably what it is. My nails are really curved and I do find I'm wobbling the stamper around trying to press it into the edges/tips. I think I just need more practice! LOL. But that's the point of this mani challenge -- by the end of the month, I'll be a pro! :)

      Delete
    2. hopefully we all will improve ;)

      Delete